CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Friday, July 13, 2007

J4Clay Review - Frisco, Houston, and Tulsa


Can it be? Can my three concerts really already be over? Why does the waiting seem to take forever, and the actual concerts just fly by in a matter of what seems like minutes? Thank goodness for great memories and lots of clack from some of the best clack gatherers that there are!

I can summarize all three concerts in one sentence. They could not have been better and for me did not disappoint! Seeing Clay in person again after all these months lifted my spirits and had me flying in the clouds! What is it about hearing his voice for the first time, off stage, and then watching him stroll out on stage, that just sends me soaring? I was absolutely giddy, like a kid again. I had chills running up and down my spine and could not wipe the huge, wide, silly grin off my face. He does that to me. His songs fill my heart and soul to overflowing. The many looks on his face just melt my heart, making room for that voice to fill it again. There's no good way to explain what these yearly concerts do to and for me. I'm trying, but I'm afraid I am failing.

I pretty much told all of you about the Frisco concert the day after it was over right here in Clay's Daily Double. You can read that article again by clicking on the preceding link. But I will add this...there were many, many people there at the Pizza Hut Stadium waiting for the fireworks who got to hear Clay sing. I don't know how many were there just to hear Clay, but no matter, there were certainly some who heard him for the first time. I hope there will be people who will go out and buy ATDW to hear more of Clay....My preference is for Clay's smaller, intimate concerts at indoor venues. Having a shorter, outdoor concert in a big stadium makes the concert not as intimate. Its like fitting Gone With The Wind into half an hour. An hour of Clay was not enough, but because of the fireworks and soccer game, its all we could get there. I was thankful to know that I had two more concerts coming up! But Clay did all he could with the hour he had. He sounded wonderful, the limited banter was funny as always, and just seeing 3-D Clay set my heart on fire!!

Now, Houston is my hometown, or at least I live just southwest of Houston. So I have been excited about this concert ever since I heard he was coming back to Houston! Coming back to Houston!!! I didn't think he ever would and yet here he was in the flesh, breathing my same Houston air (hope it didn't bring on any allergies for you Clay!).

Lots of exciting plans have been going on for a couple of months here in Houston. I was blessed to be able to coordinate the Houston pre-party at Biraporettis with the help of many of my friends and others who gave their time and donated items for the silent auction and prize drawing. We had about 140 people at the party and raised over $1,500 for The Bubel Aiken Foundation. There are so many good things about parties and fundraising...you get to meet so many new Clay fans and you get to help raise funds for BAF. It can't get much better than that!

The concert at Jones Hall with the Houston Symphony couldn't have been better. Clay said that the Symphony was the best he had ever sang with. I thought they both sounded awesome together! Tonight, we got two hours of song, banter, and snark from one of the greatest entertainers of our time! The two medleys were even more enjoyable in a smaller setting, and Clay sang his heart out. Especially wonderful was "Lover All Alone". This song should be heard by all. This song comes from Clay's heart because he wrote it. On the one hand, I am thrilled to hear a song that Clay wrote. On the other hand, it brings tears to my eyes everytime to know he wrote these words about having so much love in his heart and yet being alone. If this is an indication of what can flow from his heart to paper, he definitely needs to be writing more songs.

If the concert was not sold out, it almost was. Just looking up from my seat to the back of the floor seats, and up to the mezzenaine and balcony, it looked as though it was full to bursting. I was so thankful to have a larger crowd this time than when he came to Houston in 2004. Between the great advertising, a terrific party, and a full house, I trust that Clay could tell he was loved and welcome in Houston! I hope he could feel that love!

After the concert, fans waited outside Jones Hall in hopes that Clay would come outside and greet the fans. They were not disappointed. Jerome and Clay did come outside and shook hands with all the fans. Unfortunately this writer was at Biraporettis gathering up all of our party gear and missed Clay.

Tulsa was another great concert. Clay, in my opinion, seemed more relaxed and animated in Tulsa. He had been concerned about the song medley he would be performing, and it seems that by the time he got to Tulsa, he realized the fans loved the medleys and so was able to give it his all and just break loose and perform with all he had! Once again, every song was sung to perfection and his banter had us in stitches. There is only one complaint from me...too many people felt as though they could just call out to Clay and say anything they wanted during the concert. This got old real quick. The crowd grew tired of this quickly, and even Clay seemed to have had enough toward the end and finally began ignoring the people. Hopefully this will not happen at his other concerts. Clay knows how to lead the bantering, and even though some in the crowd were too vocal, he turned lemons into lemonade and had us falling out of our seats with laughter!

Of course, Clay told us just a little about being "beaten up by a girl". Most of us weren't aware of the airplane story then. But it was still funny and made us extremely curious as to what had happened. Clay is wonderful at taking whatever happens that day and turning it into a hilarious bantering session during his concerts. Song, banter, gorgeous guy...what else could we ask for?

Once again, after the concert, a crowd gathered outside the theater hoping for Clay to come outside and greet everyone. This time the crowd was huge and formed a big circle around the parking lot and I was able to be there. Some of us wondered if Clay really would come out to shake this many hands. But Clay does his best not to disappoint his fans. He and Jerome came outside and went all the way around the circle, shaking hands, touching hands, thanking us for coming. One 16-year-old girl was beyond excited about touching Clay's hand and called a friend to gush about it. Does Clay realize that just the touch of his hand excites some and soothes others? He brings so much joy to so many people.

There are so many other things I could talk about that took place during the few days of my concerts, but this has gotten quite long already. These memories will always be in my heart. Being with old friends, making new friends, and sharing just a little time with Clay as he entertains us in style makes life so much more worthwhile and joyful. For everyone who still has a concert(s) to go to, be prepared to have the time of your life. I still have 2 more to go to myself, and I am already counting down the days!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! Jan! Great to hear you had a great time!


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF