CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Friday, July 06, 2007

CDD Exclusive: Stay Tuned For First Hand Clack From Frisco, Houston, and Tulsa...


Hello fellow Clay fans. This is your CDD reporter, j4clay. I just returned from Clay's first concert in Frisco, and an absolutely wonderful concert it was! I can't tell you when I've been so excited for a concert to begin! I ended up on the first row down on the field on the far left side. Of course, Clay was on the right side and didn't make it over to the left side during the concert. Thankfully I will be sitting on the right side of the venue for my remaining concerts!

Having a concert in a stadium is a much different experience than having one in a smaller venue such as is in Merrillville or will be in Jones Hall in Houston. I prefer the smaller venues. They are much more cozy and intimate. I enjoyed Clay's songs very much, even the medleys, which some people did not like according to what I have read on some of the boards. I thought they were fun and refreshing. A step away from the same ol' same ol'. Who but our Clay would think to sing a medley of television theme songs nad include the audience in the "Guess which show" part of the medley? I love it! What a great walk down memory lane, and who better to take that walk with but Clay!

As for the medley of Madonna/Michael Jackson/Justin Timberlake/etc. songs, I am not a fan of any of those singers. I didn't even know what most of the songs were since I had never heard them before. But, I knew from the very beginning that this was going to be a snarky take on those songs and singers. And I thought it was pretty funny! I mean, what else could it be but snark when Clay sings a song about a sexy tractor??!!

The only things I didn't like about the show were out of Clay's control. I wasn't crazy about the venue. Even being on the first row, I felt as though I was a million miles away from the stage. Clay was high up there on the stage and standing there for an hour was not real comfortable for me. But that's my problem and no one else's. I also didn't like the fact that the cameraman on the stage kept blocking my view!! Sheesh!! And the big guy who reminded me of Biff in Back to The Future and who decided to come stand right in front of me and take pictures of Clay, well, I didn't know whether to hate the fact that he kept blocking my view or be thrilled that a guy was really into the concert! I hated that the show was so short and that there was very little banter, but that was not in Clay's hands. It was like taking 2-hour movie and trying to reduce it to an hour. You just can't do that with a Clay concert. Talk about being between a soft rock and a hard place; that's where he was by being between a soccer game and a fireworks show on July 4.

But I loved the songs from ATDW and love the medleys, and I loved the little bit of banter that he did. And I loved hearing him start the first song off stage and the anticipation of waiting for him to finally come on stage! And then there he was!! And I was in heaven for an hour. I'm looking forward to a longer show in Houston with more bantering where Clay can really shine!

I wish I had time to write more right here and now, but I am preparing for the Houston pre-concert dinner and party at Biraporettis on Friday night, then off to watch Clay perform another splendid concert with the Houston Symphony, and then after that a long drive with my fellow travelers to Tulsa for our last concert (until Cary and Ashville!!).

When I return from our long, exciting weekend, I will give you a play by play of the first three concerts of the tour. Stay tuned for more starting Monday, July 9. Meanwhile, enjoy the few good pictures I got from Frisco. I just have to get me a better camera so I can produce better clack!!









0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF