Clay's CD was mentioned today on Entertainment Tonight. According to GBB at the Clackhouse it was at the end of a piece about Kelly Clarkson where they talked about other winners of AI.
Concerning Clay's CD, ET said, "Clay Aiken has gone on to huge success and his 3rd album is coming soon." They also showed a picture of him waving on the Emmy Awards red carpet.
The #1 Clay Aiken News Website
BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News
Saturday, April 22, 2006
This week is the top 6 for AI5 and they will be performing love songs.
Think back to April 22, 2003. Top 6 night on AI2. It was Dianne Warren night and Clay sang "I Could Not Ask For More". Dianne Warren said that "Clay's a great singer. He chose the right song and sounded great singing 'I Could Not Ask For More'".
But what did the judges say? Randy said to Clay "every week you come up with it...one of the best in America." Paula said, "another wonderful week, great vocal performance...your voice is a star...you're a definite contender for the final." And Simon? "As a broadway artist you will make a fortune...I just don't see you as a great recording artist." Think again Simon! At least Simon ended it with "well done"!
If you want to see Clay perform "I Could Not Ask For More", go to All Things Clay Aiken AI Videos. If you'd like to see pictures of Clay from that night, go to All Things Clay Aiken AI Pictures.
- Associated Press wire article- Birmingham home to 3 idols... mentions Ruben/Clay
- MediaFiends - AI article/commentary.. "Also, if the rumors are correct and we have 'Past Idol Night' and 'Disco Night,' Chris could be in some serious trouble if he has to bust out some Clay Aiken. Haha, Chris busting out some Clay Aiken, that's hilarious!!!"
- Clay was mentioned on E!'s infotainment program Daily 10. The hosts mentioned this week's Unsexiest list that had Clay at #59 and how "teens would not agree." They also flashed a picture of Clay from 2004's AMAs.
- Clayboard - Thread about a security guard at an amphitheater in Cary who had great things to say about Clay's earlier concert there and Clay fans, who he called "the cleanest group of fans that had ever been there".
The e-mail quoted below was posted on the official fanclub's message boards today. The poster says Clay will be attending and singing at an upcoming Atlanta Pure Fashion Show. The event will take place at Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, GA. This information has been confirmed by a reliable source via the CB's ClaysMyMidlifeCrises.
It was also reported that Clay was invited by David Foster, brother of Jaymes Foster-Levy, the Canadian executive producer of Clay's upcoming sophomore album. Although this isn't a shocker -- get this... this invitation apparently came AFTER David and Clay performed together at a private function in Tennesee last weekend! (I'm still wondering how Clay manages to perform and no one in the Clay nation gets word of it!)
There are still a few tickets left, so if you are in the Atlanta area, act fast by visiting this website.
Visit Pure Fashion's website here. The organization runs fashion shows around the US.
I just got this e-mail that I wanted to pass along to you guys - Corgi:Update 4/24: Clay has cancelled this engagement due to scheduling conflicts. Read more.
Subject: Clay Aiken Performing at Pure Fashion Show - BIG NEWS
All – please see note from the National Director of Pure Fashion – this is very exciting!!
Also, there are only 40 tables unsold – If you know of someone who might want to attend, please encourage them to get tickets at www.purefashionshow.org.
LISTEN TO THIS!
WE HAVE RECEIVED AMAZING NEWS!!! PURE FASHION HAS ADDED ONE MORE SUPERSTAR TO THE PURE FASHION SHOW PROGRAM FOR 2006!!!..........
AMERICAN IDOL.....CLAY AIKEN!!!!!!!!
YES, CLAY HAS GRACIOUSLY ACCEPTED AN INVITATION THROUGH DAVID FOSTER TO ATTEND THE SHOW AND SING A SONG ON STAGE IN SUPPORT OF THE PURE FASHION SHOW!!
AS MANY OF YOU KNOW, CLAY IS WELL KNOWN FOR HAVING A DEEP FAITH IN CHRIST AND HE OPENLY PROMOTES CHRISTIANITY IN HIS MUSIC, WHICH IS WHAT LED DAVID FOSTER TO INVITE HIM TO JOIN THE OTHER SINGERS ON STAGE, AND CLAY HAS KINDLY ACCEPTED THE INVITATION!
WE CONSIDER THIS AS A GIFT FROM GOD THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO MEET HIM, AS WELL AS HE WILL BE ABLE TO HEAR THE MESSAGE OF PURE FASHION~
IN HOLLYWOOD AND THE CIRCLES OF INFLUENCE IN WHICH HE LIVES AND WORKS, WE REALLY NEED TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE OF MODESTY AND PURITY... WE HOPE TO BE INSTRUMENTS OF CHRIST'S TO HELP TOUCH THE MEDIA INDUSTRY IN THIS POSITIVE WAY~
SOOO...PLEASE USE THE NEXT FEW DAYS TO REALLY PROMOTE THIS EVENT WITH ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS, TEAM MATES, NEIGHBORS AND CHURCH FRIENDS, SO THAT WE CAN SELL EVERY SEAT IN THE HOUSE! WE STILL HAVE APPROX 400 SEATS AVAILABLE (ONLY 40 TABLES!)
PLEASE PASS THIS E-MAIL ALONG TO YOUR FRIENDS TO HELP SPREAD THE EXCITEMENT!
Friday, April 21, 2006
Prints from the 2003 album cover shoot with Kevin Hees are now available through the photographer's website for $250 each, or $1100 for a set of 5. Each of the 50 11x14 prints available are signed by Clay.
- More Clay mentions in articles about the new movie American Dreamz (in theatres today) - Box Office Prophets, Michigan Live, Columbus Dispatch, Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- Pensacola News Journal - new movie based on The Simpsons... Clay could play Bert Simpson?
- Dallas-Fort Worth Star Telegram- random Clay mention... "Who buys a Clay Aiken CD anyway" WE DO!
- Inside Bay Area: Claymates should stay away from Kelly Clarkson concert.
- Daily Camera: Where are past idols now? Very nice to Clay... mentions BOTW/TITN going platinum, MCWL, and JNT2005. (If you need login, try firstname.lastname@example.org, password bob)
- In a interview with Kelly Clarkson this morning, the CBS Early Show showed a picture from AI2 where Clay and Ruben are presenting Kelly with her double platinum award. (see pic below)
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Clay was mentioned this morning on the Today Show.
From the CB's MonicaJuliet:
On The Today Show right now, they are doing a segment called, "What Now For The Idol Rejects?". The first contestant they talked about was Clay! They showed a quick clip and said that even though he didn't win, MOAM sold more records than Ruben. Great to hear first thing in the morning!
Yesterday morning, the Clackhouse lost one of its devoted members. LaughingOutLoud (Madeline) passed away 2 weeks after suffering a cerebral aneurysm. She did not ever regain consciousness to get an opportunity to say goodbye to the Clay nation she loved so much.
We encourage you to share your thoughts in a public-replyable thread over at the Clackhouse. Click here to read the tribute to LaughingOutLoud at Clay Aiken The Ideal Idol.
On behalf of all CDD'ers, we'd like to send Madeline's family and her Clackhouse family our condolences and prayers. And as GooodBabyBrush said it best, "there is finally an angel at the Clackhouse."
- Diamondback Online: Talent show "contestants" in new movie, American Dreamz look like Clay Aiken
- Daily Aztec: another article about Clay Aiken-like contestants in American Dreamz
- ... and another one from Morning Call.
- The Nashua Telegraph's writer says her hair looked like "Clay Aiken on overdose".
- Zap2it: more coverage of Tuesday's MSNBC Countdown: unsexiest 2006 list.
- News of Delaware County: 2005 Clay Aiken article drew 33,000 people to their website!
- Myspace Blogger: some famous people "use their powers for good" -- ie. Clay Aiken
- Los Angeles Times - "Our Idol Obsession" article asks several "in the know" people why American Idol is such a success. Neal Gabler, cultural historian and author, says, "Generally [the winners are] not the kinds of people who would ever have made it. Kelly Clarkson is too fat. Ruben Studdard is too fat. [Runner-up] Clay Aiken is too geeky."
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Circuit City has sent its customers an American Idol e-newsletter and it promoted Clay, Kelly and for some strange reason William Hung. Here is the full text of the e-mail. A graphic accompanying the e-mail is seen on the left.
Reality sets in
By Susan Emmens
While we're on the subject of reality, American Idol simply can't be ignored (though there are song renditions I'm sure we'd be glad to forget). It's grown exponentially since season one, and made people like Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken household names. This season is no exception, as the classic staples of voting, Randy saying "dawg," and Simon's dry commentary act as familiar sidekicks to a whole new lot of contestants. If you can't get enough of AI, why not try and make it there? Drop in on our American Idol sweepstakes and enter your email to get a shot at two tickets to L.A., a hotel, a limo, and a seat at the taping of American Idol's season finale.
CDD's ClassAktMK reports that Clay was mentioned in a CNN Headline News: American Morning segment about American Idol and the amount of money it is generating.
From CDD's Supervisor at Large, ClassActMK:
CNN's Andy Serwer just mentioned Clay in a "Minding Your Business" moment on CNN. He writes for FORTUNE Magazine! Wonderful Financial Journalist. Yeah Andy.. You rock! I don't have time to get his exact words. "Even I have a Clay Aiken CD". Very Positive in the mainstream media mention! :grin Sorry.. I forgot to add that it was a story on "American Morning" on how much the "American Idol" franchise is worth.. record sales.. TV ads.. endorsements etc. $$$$$$
- We have a ton of articles about Clay being #59 on MSNBC Countdown's Unsexiest men of 2006 list (read yesterday's Tidbits for more info)... Lowell Sun (being syndicated), Post Chronicle, EurWeb, Washington Times and many, many, many more others in syndication (especially yesterday's MSNBC one)
- Paris Bennett's rendition of "These Foolish Things" topped previous showstoppers from Clay, Fantasia, Kelly: Miami Herald. (um... wash your ears out!)
- CreatingLoafing.com: Mandy Moore and Hugh Grant's American Dreamz (movie) is much like American Idol and it's successful runner-ups. Here's another one from MSNBC.
- LA Times: Clay Aiken is too geeky!
- Raleigh News & Observer: Gimme The Mike Raleigh talent show replaces Faye Parker as judge.
- More stupid jokes from Antimusic about Clay being on Ozzfest. We're tired of them, already!
- K State Collegian: The "Invisible children" of Uganda - mentions Clay's Invisible -- not too complementary!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
2wild4clay at the Clayboard informs us that radio station KUDL (98.1) in Kansas City, a Clay-friendly station, is now streaming! She says, "I'm sure many of you remember the KCClayFans mention all of the wonderful things KUDL has done for us and for Clay. If any of you attended our preparty in November, they were there giving away prizes and a pair of front row tickets to the concert!"
Dina Michaels, one of the DJ's at the station, sends this message:
"Tell the long-distance Claymates we said "Welcome!"
If you would like to listen to KUDL online, all you need to do is become a member of their VIP club (its free!). They will more than likely be playing the songs from Clay's new CD as well as taking requests.
To join the club click on www.kudl.com.
Click on the Clayboard to read the entire thread about KUDL.
AmericanIdol.com asks: "Who would you like to see Clay do a duet with?" -Gedeon -Melissa -Bucky -Lisa. Where is the 'none of the above' option?
- According to Atthismoment at the Clayboard - "The guy who selected 100 unsexy men of the year as a satire was on MSNBC Countdown Keith Olbermann Show...and he said 'Clay Aiken got the most response... his fans love the man...they just love him...he enticed the most interest..'" Clay ended up being #59 on the list. Read this on MSNBC.com. | CDD Video: MSNBC Countdown 4/17
- Eonline - In an article entitled "Idol" Not the Oscars...Yet, the Academy Awards and American Idol's viewership is compared, and the following is stated, "In 2003, in fact, more people watched Ruben Studdard best Clay Aiken for the American Idol second-season title (34.2 million viewers) than watched Chicago take the Best Picture Oscar (33 million viewers). (Oscar viewership was depressed that year due to the start of the U.S.-led Iraq invasion.)"
- An Interesting Fact From Rainlover at the CB - Today Clay is 10,000 Days Old. She says, "From and including: Thursday, November 30, 1978 to, but not including: Monday, April 17, 2006. It is 10,000 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date or 27 years, 4 months, 18 days excluding the end date. Happy 10,000 days, Clay!! (Check out this info here.)
- Chron.com talks to Dean Banowetz, Clay's AI hairstylist.
- Washington Post: Why are so many idol contestants from the south?
- Blogcritics AI commentary - Taylor Hicks/Kevin Covais/Clay
- Salisbury Post - NC State superintendent asked "Are you Clay Aiken's mother?"
Monday, April 17, 2006
This week on American Idol, the top 7 contestants will compete. This made me take a stroll down memory lane to April 15, 2003, when the top 7 of American Idol 2 competed.
That night was Billy Joel night, and Clay sang "Tell Her About It". I can remember Clay starting the song off at a slow tempo, and I thought, "No Clay, don't sing another slow song!" Then he took us all by surprise and moved into a quicker beat! He sounded awesome and looked gorgeous in his blue shirt and sports coat. The outfit made him look long and lean, I thought!
Check out the video of the Top 7 from AI2 at All Things Clay Aiken.
The A&Rer of Measure of A Man and one of the hottest A&Rs around, RCA Records' Stephen Ferrera was interviewed by HitQuarters online music magazine last week.
Ferrera went into great detail to describe the record making process. He told HQ that he was one of the first people who worked on bringing American Idol to the US. "Originally with Pop Idol the deal had been made with BMG UK and Simon Cowell, who has been a BMG employee for quite a while. I went to London to talk about the premise of doing an American version of the show," he said.
After successfully bringing Idol to America, Ferrera was assigned the job of being A&R to the Idols. He said that American Idols always offered "tough" work. "I discuss the repertoire, figure out what they're going to do, block out a period of time, go in the studio and focus on the record 100%. With this first record of American Idol you've got all these other distractions going on. It's tough." But he doesn't work alone. In fact a team composed of "Clive Davis, A&R and artist management" work closely in partnership with the artist to make "the right record."
Read the entire interview here.
Adam Taula, an aspiring musician from Salt Lake City has posted a cover of Clay's The Way on his MySpace profile. I don't normally post stuff like this, but I was very suprised at how good Adam's version actually is! Adam describes his voice as "a little bit of Anastacia mixed with Clay Aiken." He also has covers of Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini on the page.
Don't miss it; You can listen to it here.
- MediaFiends- Here's what MediaFiends writer Jlynn206 had to say about Simon Cowell's assessment that Elliott Yamin is the best male vocalist in the past 5 seasons of Idol:
Simon said it was possible that Elliott is the best male vocalist we've ever had. I immediately began re-evaluating every male contestant on idol, like the obsessed freak I am. I didn't have to think too hard. Clay and Anwar were the best male vocalists we'd had, though Anwar showed major vocal flaws in the end, leaving Clay with the title out of four entire seasons. I love Clay's voice, but it also has a minor nasality and twang to the tone. Clay definitely trumps Elliott on range, for what I can tell, unless E busts out some notes I didn't know about. However, Clay trumps most of the vocal population on range. Both men have supreme breath control, but I think Elliott would actually win the game on technique. I've read many complaints about Elliott's vibrato, which I love, I think it's hot! (Yes I just referred to vibrato as being hot.) I think it comes down to what you personally prefer, a deeper, more bluesy, run crazy vocal, or a soaring, murder you with my money notes vocal. Both are awesome in their own way, but Elliott's cd will get a lot more airplay in my car than Clay's ever did.
- BeaversOnIdol- Taylor Hicks has Clay Aiken appeal?
- RealityTVMagazine- Is Simon Cowell's 'hate' for Clay Aiken affecting Taylor Hicks negatively?
The official Clay Aiken fanclub announced the winner of its Clay-puns contest today. Many of you may not remember the details of this contest because it was announced almost 3 months ago back on January 26. Click here to more info about the contest.
Here is the text of the fanclub's official announcement:
04/14/06 / Winner of Clay On Words: A Contest of Clay Aiken Puns
Congratulations to fan club member, TamTam, winner of Clay On Words: A contest of Clay Aiken puns! TamTam will receive an autographed copy of Learning To Sing: Hearing The Music In Your Life. 'Clay'ving to know the winning pun?
My favorite sandwich is....... "Baiken Lettuce & Claymato"
An excellent and cre'clay'tive way to make a Clay Aiken sandwich...
Thanks to everyone who submitted puns they were ALL spectacular!
FYI: Hmmm... this isn't very original. The "Baiken Lettuce" part was made up by Jimmy Kimmel when Clay appeared on Jimmy's show back in June 2004. Still, congrats TamTam!
CDD would like to extend our congratulations to Clayboard owner ClayNation who gave birth a healthy baby boy last week.
Sunday, April 16, 2006
- Orlando Sentinel - losing Idol isn't like losing any other competition... "Even former runners-up such as Clay Aiken, who rode his Idol run all the way to a double-platinum album, can do well."
- BloggingPoet- "thank you CDD for linking to us" (see yesterday's tidbits)
- Don't forget, The Amazing Race Clay Aiken is on May 1. Mark it on your calendar and don't miss this virtual adventure through the Clay nation.
- BlabList poll - who is the best AI singer - please vote! Clay's losing here to Anthony Federov and Elliott Yamin.
- Clay was mention in today's Raleigh News & Observer. In the Sunday Journal section, there is a test your Triangle IQ area (the answer is obviously #3!):
Which of the following popular entertainers with Triangle ties was actually born here:
none of the above
- Clay is mentioned in the new Sony movie, The Benchwarmer. A character named Richie says "I wondered who lived here. I figured it was Clay Aiken or something" as he approaches a billionaire's mansion.
- MediaFiends American Idol commentary:
As someone pointed out, our likes and dislikes are so subjective that there is no 'right' or 'wrong' here, just what we all think. I know this firsthand, from being a huge Clay fan and enduring all the negative comments about him. I am STILL getting negative comments about Clay, and he was on the show 3 years ago! (but his fame endures, and so people are still commenting). This is why I truly feel that all those with talent can make it in this industry. There can only be one winner of the show, but talent is talent, and there is room for more than one 'winner'.
- Calgary Sun music commentary. Negative. Proceed with caution.
- Rickey.org: Watch this video from last year's Toronto Jukebox concert.