CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Washington Post has "Six Questions For ... Clay Aiken"

Washington Post's interview with Clay, dubbed "Six Questions For ... Clay Aiken" is now up online. Read the full article at the Washington Post website... link above:

Six Questions For ... Clay Aiken

He's so pretty, oh so pretty ...

The 2003 "American Idol" also-ran and author and Broadway star, etc., has a new album coming out on May 6. It's called "On My Way Here." It's also the name of Aiken's new single. The singer called during a visit to his hometown of Raleigh, N.C.

In your new single, you sing that your "address has changed almost every year." Why don't you settle down and anchor yourself somewhere? Or is that lyric just a metaphor?
I didn't write the song, so I have to interpret it metaphorically. I have moved a lot ... but it's more about changing scenery, changing things in your life and trying to grow personally and professionally.

So it's not that you keep moving because you're afraid that your loony fans might bother you at home?
(Laughs.) No, no, they found me already. They know where I live. You can't beat 'em.

[...]

You've been playing Sir Robin in "Monty Python's Spamalot." How does the theater stage compare to the concert stage?
When I'm on stage in concert, it's usually my show and I can do what I want to do. I can't do that in "Spamalot." You have to stick to the script. You have to stand in the right place. But the biggest challenge for me was really having the fourth wall and not being permitted to break it down. We break it and respond to the audience and acknowledge their presence once or twice in the show, but not consistently. It's strange. When I'm in concert, I talk to the audience a lot, I make eye contact with people, and you can't do that here.
Meanwhile, Clay is defending himself from accusations from another Washington Post reporter that his busy schedule has prevented him from being active in the Presidential Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities, which he was appointed to in September 2006. People Magazine posted:
Work is keeping Clay Aiken busy – as he pointed out to a reporter in Washington, D.C., who asked him if he was doing enough as a member of the Presidential Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities.

The second-season American Idol runner-up and current Broadway headliner, 29, blamed his busy schedule when a reporter from The Washington Post confronted him. "The last time I had two days off in a row was October," said the crooner. "I was on tour throughout the country through Christmas, then I went straight to Mexico for UNICEF. [Then] I went straight to New York for Spamalot."

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF