CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Saturday, February 16, 2008

What's Hot From Spamalot 2/16


Clay Aiken continues to heat up Broadway in the middle of the New York winter.

  • Video of Clay meeting fans outside, from the CB's bigappleforclay:
  • The CB's emerson032 posted her review of the show:
    I haven't slept yet....so I am trying to remember things: Clay, and the entire cast, were amazing last night (as usual). Actually, they were better than two weeks ago, if that is possible. Clay is spot on in every scene and his dancing seems to improved evem more!!!! He never ceases to amaze me. Observations from before, during and after the show: (most good/some good about Clay, but....) At Juniors, before the show, I was in the rest room. Some people who were going to a different show asked what show I was going to. I said Spamalot. ONe person said,. I just saw that a week ago and Clay Aiken is great in it. I said "Are you a Claymate?". "No, she said, but if you want to see the Claymates, go to the ladies room at intermission". Some of them are a bit over the top"....but, Clay Aiken was REALLY good. As I showed my ticket to the guy at the entrance, I said, "Will the show be starting at exactly at 8pm (as that was 5 minutes away). "NO", he said. "When will it be starting?", I said. "Whenever they decide to start it". He was a fairly old guy and seemed annoyed by my question. The play didn't start until a tiny bit after 8...but, he just made me laugh (not a pleasant guy). The theater seemed really full....a fair number of Clay fans...but, many seemed to be there just to see Spamalot. The person called up was from D101...and he was a sweet guy. He seemed genuinely surprised, as did his adorable girlfriend. She was laughing hysterically, almost to the point of tears, throughout. It made me smile and I was glad a guy went up. There was a very young boy in the first row center...maybe about 8-10? He was laughing hysterically....actually falling over laughing. It was so cute. Lots more teenage guys than I imagined and they seemed to be enjoying it, too. In the playbill signing line, there were some fans seeing it for the first time from Montclair College. Also, there was an entire high school class (both guys and girls) from Ontario on a field trip. I asked the guys if they liked Spamalot and they said they loved it. I asked if they liked Clay Aiken in it and they thought he was great. They knew he could sing, but, didn't know he could do all the other stuff. They guys were taking tons of pics of him and shouting out his name. When trying to get a cab, I was with four late teen, early 20 somethings from Liverpool. I asked them if they saw a show and they said no. They were going to Little Mermaid the next night. What did I see, they asked? Spamalot! "That's the one with Clay Aiken?". Yes, I said. You know about Clay Aiken over in Liverpool, England? Of course, they said. I love hearing things like this. In fact several other people I talked to said similiar things. Everytime I mentioned that I was going to Spamalot, the first words out of their mouth (if they didn't say how funny it was) were "Clay Aiken is in that"!!!! I sure loved hearing such great name recognition for Clay....even from a few places in different countries. I haven't slept....so excuse any grammatical errors and I hope this makes sense. p.s. Jerome was in the best mood I have seen him in. He is a cutie-pie.
  • From xxx4clay at CV:
    After the show report from toni7babe and Scarlett - First, from the show. During the bottle dance, Clay was "coming right at" toni and Scarlett. They survived but barely. Though happily. During the part where Clay bangs the coconuts, he was just "moving so sexy." The Knights who say Ni sang about the TV show Celebrity Rehab and called it "bullshit." LOTL sang about Posh Spice not Britney. Much applause and kudos for Clay at the end and throughout. They sat next to a man and his son who loved the show and Clay's performance. Stage Door - It was very crowded at the stage door. Clay was wearing the green sweater from the Chicago book signing which tha-rilled toni and Scarlett! Said his hair looked absolutely perfect! Had on jeans and reddish sneakers. He was soooo cute! He signed Scarlett's t-shirt and one of toni's own pictures that she had blown up. They got right up front (did I predict that or what?) so toni only took a few pics because Clay was standing right in front of her for a long time and she didn't want to flash him. With her camera that is. :biggrin: She did get a few pics when he moved away though and will post them later. BigappleforClay got video of all of it! There were a bunch a young girls there from, I think she said the Charlotte thespian society, and they were so excited and screaming to Clay "You're so cute!" They are all at Junior's now getting much needed food and will try and post their own reports later. ...that wore me out...
  • From the CB's LUVClay26:
    Well, tonight was great as was last night. I just enjoyed the show very very very much. Everyone in the cast is amazing.

    I LOVED the Knights of Ni improv where he talked about "Celebrity Rehab" that is shown on VH1!! That was so hilarious. I was dying of laughter. For those who don't know what that show is, it is this show on VH1 where Dr. Drew Pinsky (formerly of "Loveline" with Adam Carolla) takes in some famous folks (including Chyna, Jessica Sierra of AI season 5, Jeff Conway, Bridget Nielson and others) that are in rehab. Sadly I watch that show, but I do agree with the fact it seems kinda weird that rehab is such a short period of time. I thought that was hilarious.

    During the Lancelot meeting that prince scene there were really long pauses because the audience was laughing so hard. The dude that plays Lancelot is funny as is the other guy. You had to be be there I guess.

    When you see the Camelot scene, do not be shy to sneak glances at Sir Robin. He was just funny tonight.

    When the peasant was taken from the audience tonight, Patsy (the dude with King Author (?) ), he goes "well that's a big boy" or something like that in reference to the dude that was in the seat that "won." I may not have gotten that right. I'm sure someone will post it. There were many fans around me. I was 2nd row both nights and got those seats because when the went on sale in October I jumped at it. So none of this rumor junk I did stuff for them please. Cause I know folks say that about people (not just me). I am just as much a fan as anyone. Would a nonfan (with bad social anxiety to boot!) travel across the country to see Clay make his Broadway debut especially while nursing an ugly cold or flu???

    Anyway, Lady of the Lake referenced Posh Spice in her song tonight. I still think that song in act 2 she does is funny as can be.

    All in all, I am so glad I went. It has been such an amazing time seeing the shows. I was so sad when the curtain call was up. It was just so much fun to not only see a Broadway play but to see a Monty Python show with Clay in it to boot! Now I can scratch "visit NYC" on my things to do list.

    I didn't do the stage door tonight because last night was hard enough for me. The crowd was hard for me yesterday so I figured tonight would be worse. I got my autograph last night so it was all good.

    I am almost gushing, but I am so proud of Clay for doing such an awesome job. If he choses, he could do Broadway and do it well. I am just happy I went. Besides, the Brother Maynard last line and seeing him hula was just awesome in itself.
  • And... some more stage door photos, cause we can never get enough of those!

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF