CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Monday, February 11, 2008

What's Hot From Spamalot 2/11


All things are rather quiet on the Spamalot front today, but we still managed to find a few hot items for you.

  • Per the Ticket Tracking Thread at The Clayboard, attendance for Spamalot went up 17.9% this past week. Here's a chart showing the attendance figures starting with the first week in January 2008:

Here's a couple of reviews for you from the last few Spamalot shows:
  • From LKM44 at The Clayboard:
    ...we decided to take AMTAK. Taking the train was wonderful, the only problem was I didn't have a ticket to the play. I didn't think it would be a problem - but it almost was. When we got to NY we went to TKTKS to get same day, 1/2 price tickets (they only take cash). The agent told me that the Shubert only sent over a few partial view tickets - an indication that things were pretty well sold out. I decided to go to the ticket booth at the Shubert which opens at noon to try to get something better. Good tickets were scarce but I landed front row - way way at the end of the right side - but first row - which was a first time for me. The theatre was packed. So now for the play. Clay is as good of an actor as he is a singer. As many people have commented before but his comedic timing is great. The play was very funny and the whole cast was fabulous. My favorite Clay moments was the song he sang with the bottle dance, also his performance near the end of the play and near the beginning the dead body scene. Actually I loved the whole play and I wish I could press play and get a Rewind...
  • Here is a partial review from Using My Voice at The Clayboard. If you want to read the whole review, click on the link here: The Clayboard:
    ACT 11 (me) (Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert!) When they revealed the number I was pretty sure I was going to end up on stage. I got really nervous but I tried to play it cool. I wanted to be respectful of Clay and the entire cast. I didn't plan to do anything but follow their directions. My husband and my friend ultratwinmom had NO idea that this was coming. But pepita89 had the aisle seat behind me and had seen the show before, so I was afraid she might let the possibility leak, but I had warned her not to tell them anything about the show, and she didn't. So they both knew nothing of the play. That made my Broadway debut more exciting for me and for them. After the reveal, sweet Patsy came down the steps into the audience and asked me to stand (as he dropped the Grail into my seat). He spoke with me a little and then led me back to my seat. I sat there as Sir Robin suggested that they award this special person (peasant?) so Patsy came back, grabbed my hand, and led me up on the stage to greet King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table (hmm...or was it perhaps oval shaped?) The King spoke to me so seriously. He asked my name and then said it will be forever remembered in NY with the likes of Rudy Gullianni and Joey Buttafuco! Then Patsy, who was to my left, says, "It's over here" to get my attention. I turn to see the little bronze statue and the certificate being awarded to me. I accepted them and stood there as they all started to sing in honor of me. I tried to look all around to take it all in. After all, this is the first time I have appeared on a Broadway stage! I saw my DH seated there in the audience to my left. Sir Robin was kneeling to my right. I just happened to look down at him as he formed the words that make up my name, which had become a part of the lyrics for the evening. It was a strange sensation seeing those words come out of his mouth! You know how he enunciates! It suddenly hit me that they were all singing my name. Later I was thinking about the fact that Clay was singing my name!

    At one point in the song, a cast member jumped out and snapped a polaroid of me with the cast. He hands the pic to Sir Robin who shook it quite a bit (which looked like he was just waving it all about) before handing it to me. I later figured out that he was trying to dry the picture, but at that moment he had me confused as to why he wouldn't just hand it to me. I now wonder what kind of expression I had on my face then. Patsy came back to lead me off stage. He didn't want me to fall, so he said, " Go down 5 steps. 1-2-3-4-5. Now wave to the people!" and I did! As we left the theater a few people congratulated me. One lady said, "Congratulations! I voted for you!". I thought that was funny. My DH enjoyed the experience of watching me go up there, but he later told me that he was a little afraid I might try to say something funny. I'm glad I didn't embarrass him.
  • Last, here are some great stage door pictures from Zippy888 at The Clayboard. Please do not post these at the OFC or crop without permission from Zippy888:

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF