CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What's Hot From Spamalot 2/12


  • Our first hot Spamalot news of the night is a Fox News clip of Clay performing in Spamalot along with a short interview. They actually show several clips of him performing. You can download the clip at Clack Unlimited. Its a keeper for sure!

    And thanks to Joy2talk2U at The Clayboard for these wonderful caps from the video:



  • Here's a story from WRAL.com. A reference to Britney Spears has been taken out of the song, "Diva Lament" by Eric Idle. The article says:
    Britney Spears is out, Posh Spice is in - as a lyric for the Lady in the Lake in the Broadway musical "Monty Python's Spamalot." Asked why the lyric was changed in the song "Diva's Lament," "Spamalot" author Eric Idle said Tuesday in an e-mail:

    "Because we don't laugh at sad people. Mike Nichols (the show's director) requested it and he's right. We changed the lyrics in London, on tour, on Broadway and in Las Vegas. We think that it's now too sad. Britney Spears is being tortured to death and we don't want to be on that side."

    The changes went into the various companies last week.

    What the Lady in the Lake (currently played on Broadway by Hannah Waddingham) once sang:

    "I am sick of my career
    Always stuck in second gear
    Up to here with frustration and with fears
    I've no Grammy no rewards
    I've no Tony Awards
    I'm constantly replaced by Britney Spears
    Britney Spears!"

    It's been replaced by:

    "My love life is a mess
    I've got constant PMS
    My career is about as hot as ice
    They hate me there backstage
    They say I'm too old for my age
    They're trying to replace me with Posh Spice
    With Posh Spice!!"
  • We've got a cute review for you today from Claybug71 at The Clayboard:
    Hubby and I were walking by the area right at the time the show was to get out on Saturday afternoon. I had wanted to go by there if I had a chance and at least get some pictures. I knew I was going to the show on Sunday so I was going to get him to sign my playbill then. Now I'm so glad I went by there on Saturday since he did not come out on Sunday. I'm glad he didn't, by the way, because it was frigid cold. I don't think I've ever felt air and wind that cold in my life. I live in NC and I'm not used that weather like that. The wind was terrible.

    Just some quick comments on the show. We sat on the 2nd row center and I was very pleased with the view. I could see everything and had a good view of him in his first scene. It was my first time seeing the show and was so happy for him. He looked so comfortable in his role and on the stage. He was so funny. There were times I wondered how he kept a straight face. But I knew he was pretty good at doing that from his concerts. I had watched part of the movie a few months ago and wondered then if I'd really enjoy the play. But, just as I had hoped, the play is much better and way funnier than the movie. The cast does such a great job at entertaining. I loved his facial expressions. I also loved being right there and being able to see him that close up. I was laughing at the way he was running after those women. That was too cute!! I really enjoyed it and so did hubby. He was laughing quite a bit. I will tell a funny story real quick. I heard heard a woman tell the guy she was with that Clay Aiken the country singer was in this play. Then I heard the guy say no that's not him. She said, yes it was him. He kept arguing that it wasn't Clay Aiken the country singer. Finally the woman beside me turned around and said, "yes, Clay Aiken is in this play but he's not a country singer. He's from American Idol." He said oh I've never watched that. The woman beside me (sorry I don't know her name), turned around again and said, well, it's definitely him because many people in the audience came to see him. I thought that was funny that he didn't know who it was. I wish I knew what he thought after the play. Maybe someone may have been near by when this happened. My husband was chuckling over that.
    Here are some pictures taken by Claybug71 at the stage door:

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF