CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Clayboarder Has Dinner with Faye Parker

The Clayboard's yea4clay dined with Faye Parker last night in Raleigh, as part of an auction she won earlier this year. She shared her experience with us in a posting to the Clayboard:

Last night I finally got to have my dinner with Faye. I won a Wake Co. Literacy Council auction, and the prize was dinner with Faye. My sister went as my guest and Faye brought her best friend. Faye is so sweet and easy to talk to. Since I'm a big talker the whole evening was like four old friends who hadn't seen each other in a while catching up on all the news. We gabbed nonstop and laughed ourselves silly over lots of topics. I asked her, "How much are we allowed to talk about Clay?" :-) She said, "As much as you like, but you probably know more about him than I do!" It was a wonderful evening, and one that I'll never forget! It's obvious where Clay gets his warmth and personality from.

OK, now that I've got your attention...HA! No, seriously, Faye really didn't say anything we don't already know. I think she polices what she shares pretty carefully. And I'm sure she has to. I know she wouldn't want anything she said to compromise Clay's privacy. I debated whether to share this or not, but I don't think Faye or Clay would have any problem with this. About halfway through dinner, her iPhone rang and she answered it. She said, "Hi... what am I doing right now? I'm having dinner with two of your fans! Wait a minute, son, it's so loud in here, I can't hear you." With that, she left the table to take HIS call outside. I said to her friend, "OH. MY. GOSH. That was Clay on the phone!!!" She laughed and agreed. I said, " I can't believe he called right during our dinner!!" WOW!! Faye came back a few minutes later, and, of course, I fangirlied all over the place about the call. Faye laughed and said, "Oh, he just calls when he wants something!" Then she said, "You might be happy to know that I told him about you, and he knows your name!" Believe me, that just MADE my day! I still have to pinch myself to realize that I can now say that I know Faye Parker! AND CLAY KNOWS MY NAME!! Does life get any better than this?

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF