CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Ernie Halter's web site.

This is from Ernie Halters new Web site:

erniehalter4242
ezOP
(9/30/04 2:22 am)
Reply Re: Hey there Guys !!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I started playing piano at about 8 when my mom forced me to take lessons. Really, she was the one who wanted to take them but I think she was living vicariously through me. I played for a few years and quit because my teacher was old and her house smelled like dog pee. In highschool I picked up the guitar and taught myself over the summer between my freshman and sophmore year. Nothing else to do and so I played until my fingers bled (sounds like a bryan adams song). Somewhere around 16-17 a friend talked me into my first gig at a coffeehouse in Newport Beach. I was scared to death. Shortly after I started performing (with the same friend) on the boardwalks down there by the water. We'd make a few bucks and I learned to get over my intense fear of performing at the same time. I met some dear friends during those times, friends that love very much. (This is way longer than my official bio by the way -- sort of my own E Hollywood Story... thanks for indulging me).

I got a scholarship to go to Berklee School of Music in Boston and never turned back. Graduated @#%$ Laude in 97 and moved back to LA (where I was born and raised). I got my first gigs playing again in coffeeshops and restaurants and anywhere else I could get paid to sing. As I started getting better gigs I realized that just music was as much as business as it was an art. Life was then, and still is, a balance between the gigs that I pay my rent with, and the gigs that I love. Sometimes I get lucky and I get gigs that are both.

Before attending the real Berklee, I went to this summer camp that Berklee puts on for highschool kids called Berklee In LA.... you live in dorms and study with Berklee faculty for a week and it was heaven. That's actually where I met Zach but it wasn't till years later that we reconnected through our friend Corrinne May (www.corrinnemay.com) who is an awesome songwriter I might add.

The Clay gig was definitely a great experience. Last October, I got the gig through Randy Jackson, who heard of me through another friend Laura Jane (www.sweetlaurajane.com) that sings with Enrique Iglesias. I auditioned for Randy and we spent most of that time just talking. That was it. I was on the gig and we began rehearsing a week later... and then I was off to NYC a week after that for some shows out there. Through experience I met a lot of really cool people, many I still keep in touch with.

Some of the other really fun gigs that I did were some of the musician sidelines -- that's where they need on-camera musicians for tv/film. Shows like Frasier, Beverly Hills 90210, Gilmore Girls, JAG, etc. The best was being an alien musician on Star Trek Voyager. If you check out the photos section you can see what I looked like. I got beemed up and everything. During the 5 hours it took to put on the makeup, I asked my guy if he would come to my house on halloween and he said he hated halloween. Go figure.

I feel very very fortunate to be doing what I do... and even though there is always something bigger and better out there I try to never lose sight of how lucky I am to do what I love and love what I do. *sniff*. I love you man!


P/S: On other if his comments Ernie says to fans how nice of a guy clay is and that he enjoyed working with him.
Computer/Web Hosting Services Provided by Blogger and HostDepartment.com. Thank you.

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF