CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Generosity Stuns Pleasantly Surprised Clay Fan


I recently read a wonderful story at The Clayboard that warmed my heart. In a thread started by Grandmajane on The Clayboard, she tells of what happened to her when she went out shopping for supplies to make Clay bracelets for BAF fundraising purposes. Well, here, we'll let Grandmajane's own words tell you this great story:

My heart is overflowing and I am in shock with disbelief.

Today I went to my favorite bead store to get a clasp for a bracelet I was working on. While I was there I decided to stock up on beads, etc, for the Clay bracelets I make for our local fundraisers for the BAF.

Now this store knows Grandma and how crazy she is about Clay. Occasionally when our group goes to Tea nearby we stop in to pick up some supplies. The girls that work in the store like to tease me but they really like Clay too. There is very little publicity for Clay in the Bay Area and few people know when his new albums come out so I have given them some of Clay's latest CDs.

While I was picking out beads I talked to the girls about last Saturday's fund raisers and how much money was raised.

When I was finished the girls were in the back room helping a Girl Scout Troop with their projects and the owner's husband waited on me.

He scooped all the beads into bags without counting them or noting how much they cost and then just handed me the bags. I asked how he was going to calculate how much I should pay.

He said,"No charge. Just have fun. It's on the house...its for the kids."

I was stunned. I am constantly being amazed at the generosity of the human spirit.

I'm going to say some extra prayers for the owners of this store tonight. It you have a few seconds tonight perhaps you could join me.
We all know how kind and generous Clay fans can be, but when someone who is not normally quite so devoted a Clay fan as we are does something like this, it is especially great to hear about. Thanks for this great story, Grandmajane!!

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF