CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Friday, February 02, 2007

Clay's Interview With ABC News Now


After making his Good Morning America appearance on Thursday, Clay sat down with ABC News Now's Be Seen, Be Heard for an interview. The interviewer says "Clay was one of the nicest guys I've ever met!"

Clay talked about why he chose to join UNICEF, noting it was UNICEF who approached him about becoming a celebrity ambassador - "Well, they asked me which kind of sparked my interest. I was a teacher before I started singing. UNICEF has ambassadors who focus on different areas... different areas that UNICEF works in... they didn't really have an ambassador who was focusing on education, so there was there natural synergy for me to be that person." The reporter then goes on to show clips of Clay visiting Indonesia and Uganda in 2005.

ABC then showed some video questions submitted by fans. The first clip brought a smile to Clay's face as a sweet girl asked "What can kids do to help UNICEF?" Clay responded saying that it was important to "research, study and have an interest in what is going on [around the world]... I'm constantly amazed at the grassroots efforts the [Claymates] come up with to raise money... a lot of them are college students or individuals who do not have the ability to financially give. It's amazing when people are passionate -- they'll figure out a way."

The next question came from a Claynadian who wanted to know whether Clay was "inspired" by his UNICEF experience to write a song about it in the future. In response, Clay says: "I'm not the most creative... I think people have talents in different areas. Have I seen things that I think are inspirational enough to have a song written about them? Absolutely. I leave that to the experts - a friend of mine, Steven Curtis Chapman, is a prolific song writer."

The interviewer then moved on to Clay's Yahoo-UNICEF question - "What can we do to get more Americans committed to the cause?" - and some answers from ABC viewers and Yahoo readers. One suggested "more funding for exchange programs to allow our kids to visit these countries, work there, and see for themselves."

After dealing with the subject of UNICEF, ABC moved on and showed viewer questions about other "important" subject matters...

  • On the 3 things he would need if he was stuck on a desert island: "my dogs... but that's two dogs and I've only got one thing left and I would probably die. Um... I really like Breyer's Peach Ice Cream, so I have to take that, my cell phone to talk to people - I'm a gadget person... but I don't have a charger! How about a helicopter and a manual on how to use it?"
  • On his next tour and when he'd come back to Canada: "Well, I won't be taking a UNICEF trip to Canada. We were thinking of doing a concert tour in developed nations, or a UNICEF visit to somewhere like Bowsman, Montana and that's it... Oh! You mean a truthful answer... We're working on a tour, trying to get something together for the summer. As far as the next trip for UNICEF, there are a number of different countries we are looking at. We're in the process of looking at different possibilities."
  • On his college grades: "I was a good, well, decent student in college. I got good grades in college. In high school it's a completely different thing. I always thought I'd go to college for music. My favorite subjects were social studies... maybe I wish I did better in high school."
  • On Jennifer Hudson's success and his joke about being (possibily) the 2nd most successful runner-up now: "Oh my god... I'm so embarassed!"
  • On a 2008 Clay Aiken Calendar: "We haven't found a camera that will take 12 pictures of me without breaking." (ROTFL!) ... "We're working on it, but we're only managed to get up to June. Maybe that will get us in gear?"
Watch the entire clip at ABCNews.com or download the clip at SendSpace.

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF