CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Clay and "The Real Me" Mention on Natalie Grant's Blog


One of the most beautiful songs on Clay's CD, On My Way Here, is "The Real Me". This song was written by Natalie Grant, a Christian music singer, who has won the GMA Dove Award for Female Vocalist of the Year three consecutive times.

On Natalie Grant's blog is a mention of Clay's CD:

”The Real Me,” penned by multi-Dove Award winning Curb singer/songwriter Natalie Grant, has been recorded by Clay Aiken on his best-selling new RCA/19 Recordings release, On My Way Here. The album debuted at #4 on The Billboard 200 for the week of May 24.
In addition, there are some really nice comments, some which are obviously from people who are Natalie's fans. Here are a a few:
Lindsay
May 19th, 2008 at 5:18 pm
When I heard this, I was like…someone else singing Natalie’s songs? And a GUY, at that? But I saw his performance of it- it was really good! I think he did the song justice…even though Natalie’s is still the best I think I’ll buy it on iTunes?

just.. me!!
June 3rd, 2008 at 5:58 am
i love the original song.. i cried the first time i heard it..Natalie dilivers her songs like no one else..
i also liked Clay Aiken’s version.. Natalie has done some changes to the lyrics..and he puts lots of emotions in it.. i can see why clay relates to it!!!

Michelle
June 12th, 2008 at 6:55 pm
Natalie from the first moment I heard this song it just spoke to my heart. I cannot tell you how many times I have played this song and spoke the words as if a prayer. I’m thankful that God gave you such an amazing gift to take the feelings in your heart and put words to them. All your music moves me. Clays version is beautiful as well and dear to my heart. May God continue to bless you as you listen for His voice and find the music in your heart.

Lien
June 12th, 2008 at 8:11 pm
Beautiful song sung by 2 beautiful voices. Would love to hear you do a song together.
Check out Natalie's blog and read all of it as well as the rest of the wonderful comments.

The Real Me

Foolish heart looks like we're here again
Same old game of plastic smile
Don't let anybody in
Hiding my heartache, will this glass house break
How much will they take before I'm empty
Do I let it show, does anybody know?

[Chorus:]
But you see the real me
Hiding in my skin, broken from within
reveal me completely
I'm loosening my grasp
No need to hold back my frailty
'Cause you see the real me

Painted on, life is behind a mask
Self-inflicted circus clown
I'm tired of the song and dance
Living a charade, always on parade
What a mess I've made of my existence
But you love me even now
And still I see somehow

That you see the real me
Hiding in my skin, broken from within
Reveal me completely
I'm loosening my grasp
No need to hold back my frailty
Oh, cause you see the real me

Shadows are shattered dreams
They follow me they've hunted me
But you've taken the broken peices
Of my life and helped me to believe

'Cause you see the real me
Hiding in my skin, broken from within
Reveal me completely
I'm loosening my grasp
No need to hold back my frailty
Oh, cause you see the real me


0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF