CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tidbits 4/1

AmericanIdol.com jumped on the Clay Aiken bandwagon with a nice write up for the new CD, "On My Way Here", out May 6.

  • Happy April Fools! Raleigh Chronicle's article is hilarious:
    CLAYAIKENVILLE, NC - According to Mayor Charles Meeker, the City of Raleigh has now been officially renamed "ClayAikenville", after the famous singer.

    In a press conference near the Capitol building which was announced today about 10 minutes before it started, ClayAikenville Mayor Charles Meeker said that the name change for the city would help create a fresh new image.

    The city council stood behind him, applauding after the announcement.

    "Naming the city after Sir Walter Raleigh is so 16th century," said the mayor. "I mean, does anyone here actually know what Sir Walter Raleigh did for a living? I know I don't and I'm the mayor."

    "Clay Aiken on the other hand is a person who can lead us into the 21st century," added Meeker.
  • Boston Herald - The Edge - former Idols receive the "Idol" boost -
    Similarly, season two contestant Kimberley Locke recently performed the song “Fall” from her latest CD. Locke’s run on “Idol” was five years ago, so some kids who watch the show might not remember she finished third behind Clay Aiken and winner Ruben Studdard.
  • Detroit News - Josh Gracin's "crazy ride" -
    He finished fourth on "Idol," behind Kimberly Locke, Clay Aiken and winner Ruben Studdard. After the show, he signed with Disney-owned Lyric Street Records -- home to one of Gracin's favorite acts, Rascal Flatts -- and released his debut album in June 2004. Success followed, and Gracin played concerts with Brad Paisley, Trace Adkins and more.
  • All About Jazz - We think this is another April Fool's Joke, but it's not as obvious, so correct us if we are wrong:
    Since the quartet Fourplay released its first CD in 1991, it has become known as a solid, if rather uninspiring, smooth jazz band, playing mostly R&B-flavored pop while incorporating minimal jazz content.

    This session, recorded for a brand new label, may surprise their longtime fans, as they've gotten a little more adventurous with their choice of material, though guest vocalist Clay Aiken isn't that far from their mold. Keyboardist Bob James composed three of the tracks, with two each from guitarist Larry Carlton and bassist Nathan East and drummer Harvey Mason penning “E. D. Blues.”

    The set list is sort of a suite, representing a single guy heading out on the town for the night looking for companionship. James' “Night on the Prowl” has an urban swagger, while Carlton's tender ballad “Do You, Miss September” will appeal to female listeners, especially with Aiken's vocal.
CDD Blogwatch
  • Taking A Moment - Britney Spear's April Fool's letter to Clay Aiken -
    Hey Clay!

    It’s me, Britney! I haven’t seen you IN, like, what. SO LONG. I mean, GAWD, sometimes I think I’m NEVER going to get my present.

    Did you see me on your tv the other day, tho? I don’t mean actually SITTING on your tv, haha, but I would if you wanted me to. I had a guess-star roll on How I Made Your Mother. It was real good. I haven’t actually WATCHED it yet but I heard I was real good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bother. Why do I have other RCA artists' music crammed down my throat when I visit the RCA Records website?? When I tried to make the crummy music STOP, the webpage didn't seem to respond. And when I tried to choose Clay Aiken from the drop down menu for some mellow tunes, nothing. Easy fix for that website: leave.

Kudos to RCA for at least putting the newsbit about Clay's album up! Maybe they'll even play some of HIS music when the release date nears...we can always hope!

Anonymous said...

I believe it is an April Fool's thing... when you click on the little green thing with it's tongue out, this is the page that comes up.

April Fool's Reviews & Articles

~ dm ~


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF