CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Saturday, March 01, 2008

What's Hot From Spamalot 3/1


We do have a few hot items from Spamalot today.

First, here are some fan reports. Its always great to read the different perspectives of fans who have been to several shows and those who have been to their first one.

  • Me7160 at The Clayboard gives this first-time report:
    Last night was the first time I saw Spamalot and I have to say that Clay was AMAZING......I've read all the reports from day one but until you get there and actually see him WOW is all I can say. He was as everyone says a NATURAL up there, His accent is GREAT and dancing and when he was the guard he had me ROTF. He was as good as any stand-up comedian could ever be with that. When he sat down at the piano and flipped up his tails I was like Mmmmmmmm now that was not a bad view. I sat in row "H" almost dead center and must say they were great seats to see everything. Hannah was absolutely amazing as well.. My husband to my surprise loved it as well. It's funny we have seen him in concert (of course many times) but last night he said to me wow he's really tall. You do need to see it again and again because there are so many parts that you miss but last night was my one and only :-(
    The people that sat next to me were Python fans and during intermission said that they were enjoying my laugh that it was infectious I told them that I was there because of Clay and they said he was doing a great job. BUT OF COURSE. Whatever he does he gives 110% What a wonderful night!!!!!!!!!!
  • Zippy888 from The Clayboard, who has been to other shows, gave this report:
    I'm here in NYC with my mum (mimisan33) and sis (clayheaven). We went early to the show as I wanted to be first in line to get the Sir Robin T-shirt, magnet and pin. Got those! We sat in dead centre in Orchestra row C, 108, 109 & 110. One of the best seats we've had! I'm sure I saw Clay steal a glance or two at us. I felt there was some recognition in his eyes. He sparkled and shone and gave 150%. I think he may have winked at us!

    We saw Clay during the opening weekend and he has certainly improved since Jan 18. He's more comfortable in his dance steps and has more facial expressions and is at ease with his performance.

    As the soldier in the tower, Clay played with his strap a lot and used it as the twine to describe how the sparrows carried the coconuts.

    Clay flipped up his tunic really high!! Squeals came from our row! I was in seat 108 and that is dead centre. First he started with Clay stomping and shimmying down the centre! I saw Clay coming right at me during the Cossack dance and he had a look on his face like "Dare to look at me while I'm doing this dance!" Yes, Clay, I dared!! When he finished his "You Won't Succeed in Broadway" and he finished off with tribute to Yentl, he did it with such drama and such aplomb.

    I remember one part during the LOTL armour striptease, Clay caught her right armoured piece and was thrilled that he had caught it!

    The parts when he shat in his pants are more animated compared in January. He was hilarious!! He was holding his tush and making such a face when he pooped in his pants.

    As the drunken soldier, he just killed me how natural he was. He is so on with his conversation with Prince Herbert's father. So smooth and so natural! Lots more swaying.

    The Orchestra Main Floor was almost sold out. I saw a couple of empty seats in row A! Quite a no. of NJUs this evening. The people beside me were NJUs and so was this family of 4 boys and dad in front of us in 2nd row. The lady beside me was not a Clay fan but she enjoyed Clay's performance and thought he was cute. The NJUs caught some of the jokes but not all of it.

    We gave him a standing O! He looked bashful when he saw his fans stand for him. I'm so proud of Clay!
    Then Zippy888 adds this a little later:
    Clay during the slo-mo scene: He is squatted down way low and his tongue is hanging out with his exaggerated horse-riding.

    One of the scenes, Clay rode his "horse" and dismounted and flung his left leg up into the air, tunic leifting Ahem! Ahem! I didn't know he could fling his leg up that high!! Patsy patted Clay's imgainary horse.

    During the killer rabbit scene, Clay was acting out the killer rabbit with his 2 fingers, wiggling, pretending as though they were the rabbit's ears and making the motion like it was hopping! So cute!

    That Yentl scene and Clay kneels down with his Jewish cap and cane and goes "Papa, can you hear me?" in his beautiful, melodic, dramatic-timbred voice. I'm dead!!

    During the Camelot scene, the girls were swinging the mace, he acted like he was swinging it, too. He is very animated, chasing the girls on the stage and leering and ogling after him.
  • Here is a scan of an article about Clay that is in the Spamalot Playbill. Its entitled It Takes Two, and talks about how "two times is the charm" for Clay, since he saw Spamalot twice before "getting it". In addition to talking about his Spamalot role, Clay's upcoming CD is also mentioned. To read a larger scan of this article go to The Clayboard and scroll down the page.



  • Well, its the Zippy888 show today! Not only did she give us some great reports from Saturday's matinee, but she also was sitting in Seat B101 at the evening show and got to go on stage! Here's her report from the unforgetable moment, which can also be found at The Clayboard:
    I'm back from my night in Broadway. Yes, I was in Seat B101. What a thrilling night it was! I was so nervous going up on stage. Patsy brought me up on stage, King Arthur asked me for my name and I then won the Arthur Award. Did I mention I was nervous?!? I then shook hands with the knights along the way and they pulled me along the line of knights. Soon I was beside Clay and the singing knights, they were singing my name! They took the polaroid of the Knights and I. I have proof of my night on stage in the picture 'cos it's all a blur!

    I'm so glad Clay came out to sign autographs 'cos I got him to sign my polaroid snapshot. What an absolute thrilling night! I found my grail - to be the Best Peasant in New York on March 1, 2008!
  • Finally here are some pictures from Saturday night's Stage Door from jtgranny at CV, courtesy of Joy2talk2u from The Clayboard:




0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF