CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Sunday, February 24, 2008

What's Hot From Spamalot


Let's start off our "What's Hot" section with a couple of fan reviews. Both Saratoga Gal and robyn428 at The Clayboard have great reviews.

  • Saratoga Gal - I especially want to emphasize her comments about getting her hotel room at a very reasonable price by going to hotwire.com. Her hotel price went from $500 to $120 per night, an excellent deal for hotels in the theater area. Here's part of her review:
    Our hotel was 1.3 miles away from theater, and we walked.... and it was fun....got there early. We were amidst all the Navy cadets from Rhode Island, (who told me that as of June they would be going to Annapolis).. They really added to the show. Seats were great, 1st row in mezzinine. Show was great. At Intermission, my sister ran into a woman "cop" who told her that building next door a window fell out from something like the 62nd floor? ... They were treating it as a crime scene and the street would be shut down. So.. no Stage door.

    Friday,.... weather was a factor. Some of the things we planned didn't work out, so again our sightseeing was not to be. My sister & I decided to walk to Shubert again at 10:00 a.m. and get SRO tickets. We then walked to Central Park West, which was where my phone was......and back. In all the slush, and mess. I took an NBC Studio tour.. That night, we decided to take a cab. And that almost did not work out.... as doorman seemed unable to get any. But we made it. Show was great, I met another fan standing next to me who is moderator at OFC. She lives in NY & said at last minute she decided she needed a laugh. She showed me the Associated Press review.... Clay looked well, sounded well,...looked happy... full of smiles. I spoke to Jerome before the play and he told me he got to see bits and pieces of the show, but he loved it.

    We were in great position to get right out,... and were there for a while when Jerome came out. It was drizzling,...not raining hard. More misty. It was disappointing, .... as even though I am going to make the trip two more times, this was my best shot to actually get an autograph.... so I think that I am resigned to the fact that this is never going to happen for me.

    In my mind, I am thinking that perhaps keeping Clay from the Elements is more preventative than anything else. Missing the Stage Door is disappointing, but for fans to miss an actual performance would be certainly much worse. I saw Clay at West Point in Dec. 06, and was in awe that he performed .... especially at the end of the show, when he had to hold onto the stool. I have experienced Vertigo for a period of time recently.... which gave me even greater admiration for Clay.

    I was standing next to the 2 Northern Cal. fans at the Stage Door. I had read & re-read the Playbill many times, absolutely was in awe of everyone in the show. .. and so I thought I would try to get their autographs. So first when David Hibbard (Patsy) came out I yelled to him and asked him if he would sign. He said sure, and seemed a little surprised,.... The NoCal fans asked me who he was, and I told them... and then he signed whoever was asking. Next Rick (Lancelot) came out and I yelled to him, and he also graciously signed. Then Tom (Prince Herbert) came out.... and I yelled to him. He stayed quite a while, as he is so polite he was standing for pictures, etc. My sister asked him if he was having as much fun as he looked and he said yes,...it was so much fun that it was not even like working. I was glad I had done my homework, and was able to recognize these guys out of costume.

    I don't know if there is anyone planning on going to NYC who doesn't have a hotel room,.... we had one all set up that was not as exhorbitant as some,...but then my sister checks on hotwire.com often, and gota fantastic deal at the InterContinental -- The Barclay, New York. It is located at 111 East 48th st. and I thought it was absolutely beautiful. The normal room rate is over $500 per night. With my sister's Priority Card it would be $450 per night -- the rate that popped up ended up being $120 per night,..and we had 3 in our room. For NYC this is great.
  • Robyn428 -
    My friend Dee and I attended today's matinee, and Clay was fabulous! We were certainly disappointed not to see him at the stage door - especially since this was probably my best opportunity to get close enough, but the weather is nasty this weekend. Also, there were some substitutions in minor roles today, so perhaps something is "going around", and Clay was being cautious - probably at Jerome's insistence.

    Clay certainly gave 110% during his performance! We went to the theater with row F balcony seats, and stopped at the box office to see if it was possible to upgrade. At first all the guy had to offer were STO, but a more thorough search produced 5th row center orchestra! My best seat for all the shows I will attend.......thank you Dee!

    I had not seen Clay since opening night, when I was so impressed with his performance. But as it has been reported, he has continued to raise the bar, to fine tune all aspects of his multiple roles. I loved how he played with his strap in the tower scene. He was so expressive, and it was amazing how he expanded his role there, and throughout, just by adding physical enhancements to the same dialogue.
    The Camelot scene was so overwhelming, compared to viewing it first, from the mezzanine. Clay was definitely enjoying the ladies! Hanna changed something, slightly, just before she started to "Scat" with Arthur. She was great throughout the show - the Posh Spice change-up was new for me. The Knights Who Say Ni 's line was the Moviephone Commercial about selecting a number for the show you wanted to see.

    I loved the way Clay "dismounted" his horse, to check out the wooden rabbit, being very careful to "tie it up" and "pet" it! LOL! His Broadway number was almost more than I could take (but, I survived!). He seemed to become bigger and stronger as he did the "Tevye" dance...totally commanding the stage. He had a powerful look on his face as he used those long legs to carry the line in the Bottle Dance. They certainly weren't pulling him along, as he proclaimed on The View!

    Clay's portrayal of Brother Maynard was even funnier than the first show.....he has really "become" the character, and makes what is a brief appearance very memorable. The same with his role as Herbert's Guard. I defy anyone to say this man can't act.
    The finale, from 5th row, was amazing, and while I "tried" to watch the whole cast the first time, this time I only had eyes for Clay! How could I not, with him soooo close! The man radiates pure joy. And, the icing on the cake, for the show, was that my friend Dee caught the bouquet!
  • Here's a great picture of the Naval Academy students before they entered The Shubert Theater to watch Spamalot. From all I've heard, they loved the show!



  • Strollynn63 at The Clayboard gives us this report from the show:
    REPORT FROM THE SHOW: JAYMES FOSTER LEVY IN THE AUDIENCE WITH A BRITISH ....HANDSOME MAN

    LSDOLLY WALKED BY THEM AND HEARD HIS ACCENT. CROWD ON ITS FEET AT THE END. CLAY WAS AWESOME AS USUAL. FULL HOUSE, EVEN THE STANDING RO. THEY ARE OUTSIDE GETTING THE CASTS' AUTOGRAPHS, BUT NOT CLAY. hmmmm.....British Guy? lol NJU ppl were all laughing, they talked to the ppl behind them, and they didn't know that Clay could act......Omg, he can do ANYTHINGGGGGGGGGGG....LOL

    Coming out in line they were talking to a couple from NYC that go to a lot of shows....This is one of the best.....

    GO CLAY, PPL ARE LOVING HIM..... 4 girls from some college, didn't get the name were next to them, they love Clay, and have been to 3 shows.....going back next weekend. ALL GOOD STUFF......
    Could the British man be Clay's CD producer? We'll find out in time!!

  • Its been a few days since we've had any new Stage Door pictures since Clay has not been outside due to not feeling well and weather. However, Misty1958 from The Clayboard just posted a few of her pics from the 2/16 matinee. Here a some of those for your viewing pleasure.





0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF