CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Friday, February 22, 2008

One Year Ago Today - The Mike and Juliet Show: Remembering With Cookie and Her Claymobile


On February 22, 2007, Clay was on the Mike and Juliet Show as a guest host. He made a decorative box, chatted with the other hosts, and danced with Juliet. But I think one of the things we remember most about the show was Cookie and her Claymobile.

I had the privilege of receiving an email from Cookie where she reminisces about her day with Clay on the Mike and Juliet Show. She tells in the email how it came about and what a surprise it was when she found out Clay would come outside and see the car! Well, read for yourself this great review of Cookie's awesome experience on the show.

When I knew Clay was going to be the co-host I e-mailed the show about 3 weeks before (never expecting to hear anything from them) and thanked them for having Clay on and told them about my passionate support of Clay and about my "Claymobile". Low and behold about 1 week before the show was to air they contacted me and said if I brought my car to NY for the show they would be sure I would have a chance to meet Clay. Up to that point they had no idea what it looked like!! I told them he had never seem the car although I was sure he knew about it and that I had never had a chance to meet him and hoped both would happen one day for me.

Well of course with that invitation I looked for my quickest running shoes and off I went. It was certainly an experience I'll never forget..in fact even now when I look at the DVD of the show I can't believe it all happened! They never told me anything about what they had planned for me. Everything was totally an unknown to me.

They told me to have my car at the studio on 47th St by 6:30AM and of course I was there at the crack of dawn!! By the way 6:30 is the crack of dawn for me!! LOL

The director came out and they took some shots and he talked to me and said that when the show started Mike and Juliette would come out and talk to me about the car. I never had a clue that Clay would be coming out. However standing there by the car..when I heard the fans in the outside bleachers start yelling I thought "Oh my gosh...he's coming out". I really did think I would die. He walked up to me looking me right in the eye and it was awesome. I really could not believe he actually bent down so I could peck him on the cheek. Of course the little "oowh" told me it had actually happened! I have become friends with fans from Japan and it is so funny...I'm know over there as the "Kissing Bandet". I think that is a hoot!!


I really had no idea that I was going to be going back into the studio for that Trivia Game either. That was my biggest worry that they would start asking me questions that any diehard fan would know and I'd look like a fool. I really don't pay to much attention to much of the trivia stuff.

I still consider myself a very lucky fan. The trip was just icing on the cake..just for the opportunity to say hello to OMC and have him see the Mobile was truly awesome enough for me. My Claydawg and I enjoyed our Bahama vacation this past June. Just to prove that Clay and I kinda have the same karma...I lost our passports!! Well I didn't... actually USAIR did..long story.

Anyway the story continues.. this past summer I was invited to bring the Mobile to Cary NC to participate in a fund raiser for UNICEF. This is what it is all about for me..supporting when and where I can, keeping his name out there almost everyday, talking to people everyday about what he is up to including all his charity work and of course encourage them to read his book, buy his CD's and inform them about concert dates. I've even help people acquire tickets..I alway feel especially good when it is tickets for "virgins".

This past Christmas in the Heartland Tour I was again very fortunate to have been invited to read a story in DC for a friend of mine in Maine.
What an amazing day for Cookie, one she will no doubt never ever forget! Many thanks to her for sharing her story with us.

And to bring back even more memories of that fun day when Clay co-hosted the show, here are a few pictures.

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF