CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Tidbits 9/30

  • ATDW ads are front and center at American Idol's official website. Clay's also on the homepage of Billboard.
  • LBFCA's latest photo story hits can't be missed- "My Wish"
  • ATDW sales mentions (even more!)
  • Roanoke Times - another Clay mention in a Ruben Studdard article
  • Orlando Sentinel - American Idol Rewind a chance for you to catch up on AI.
  • Wow. Clay Aiken The Ideal Idol has a fantastic article from Berkley on why Clay and RCA simply don't fit each other any more:
    I have looked at the anecdotals, the rumors and both the circumstantial and observable evidence about ATDW for months now. I've heard a couple of entertainment industry whispers and I have weighed them as well. I have come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the relationship between Clay and RCA.
  • Clay Aiken The Ideal Idol also shares with us this interesting e-mail from Tony at Shipwreck Studios who did an awesome ATDW review several weeks ago. He says:
    I've read some of the other reviews out there and honestly I am not shocked at all. Most of the main stream reviewers aren't actually listening to the album or albums they're being given. It’s all about pushing a product, which to me is very sad.

    In the case of Clay's album I think a lot of reviewers are basing their final thoughts on Clay's past works and the fact that he was on American Idol. I wish more reviewers would actually share their own thoughts on album reviews rather then say what their bosses or companies are telling them to say.

    It's all about money these days and that's one of the things I hate about labels and so-called major review chains like Billboard. They're pushing the products that can garner the most cash or cause a stir. Clay to me is a very simple guy who likes simple music and can "WOW" people with his voice. He doesn't need the flashy lights & all the fixings like all these other musicians out there. I think that right there hurts him in the labels and main stream reviewers' minds because it's as if he's trying to stay true to himself rather than sell out and bow to the demand of the money people.
  • Clay Dream Believers - behind the scenes at Jimmy Kimmel (nice recap)
  • Clayboard- SecretlyLovesClay also has a wonderfully long recap
  • ROTFL - Clay Aiken The Ideal Idol writer says she "survived" Clay's People magazine spread --
    It was a good thing I was sitting down when I opened my new People Magazine and I saw the centerfold. I had flipped through the magazine in line at the grocery store and didn't get to it until I hurried to the car, literally threw my bags of groceries in, and plopped myself down on the seat. This is not good for eggs, I've discovered.
  • A 1 star ATDW review from Rolling Stone. Why am I not suprised?

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF