CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Clay Signs CD's and Thrills Fans at Virgin Records


I'm sure we could fill a month's worth of Clay's Daily Double with stories from excited fans who got to meet Clay today at Virgin Records in Los Angeles. Clay was there to sign his new CD, "A Thousand Different Ways", for the fans.

One story was posted originally at Clayversity and I found it at The Clayboard. It gives you an idea of the great rapport between Clay and his fans. Is it any wonder that Clay's fans love him so much!

Also, at this same Clayboard thread, entitled "Virgin Mega Store Report", from Page 7-15, are the most gorgeous pictures of Clay you will ever see! Taken by MEE2U2 and from Clayversity, they have requested that none of these pictures be posted at the Official Fan Club. We have included a few of these pictures in this article, and you can see all the others by going to The Clayboard.

Here is a great story about a couple of lucky fans who met Clay today, as posted by Julia from CV. Her encounter with Clay!

Julia Sep 26 2006, 07:54 PM Post #2722

Hi everyone!

I just got back from the Clay CD signing. I got there with my friend, Lynarion, at 10:30. There was already a huge line forming on the second floor of the shopping center. I'd guess we were about 400th in line, or so.

SOOOO we got in there at about 3:15 or so. Clay was being interviewed by some news station or entertainment show. It might have been E!. So we got to stare at him while he was doing that.

Anyway, soon we got up to his elevated table. Lynarion went up to him first, while I attempted to take pictures of them. She was going to get the CD signed for my sister, Emily. They had instructed us to write our names on post it notes. So she wrote, "Hi Clay, this is for Emily, but my name is Lynarion."

When she got up to the table, Clay looked at her post-it note, and said "Hi, Emily!" Then he sort of frowned and read the rest of the post-it note to himself outloud "This is for Emily, but my name is...." Then he looked up, and after a pause, said, "Lynarion?"

My friend was so shocked that he could pronounce it correctly, she sort of just grinned and said, "Yeah, that's it!"

Clay asked, "Well, then who is Emily?" Lynarion told him it was a friend back home, and he couldn't hear her so she had to repeat, "A friend at home who couldn't make it."

He didn't say anything, but just turned around and grabbed something from behind the table, which turned out to be another CD cover. He smiled, and looked at the note again and signed the booklet. He held it up in front of him and said, smiling, "Now, there's a catch. This one was for Anne, but I messed up her name, so I wrote your name on the other side. Just sew it together or something."

My friend, in her stupor, was thinking two thoughts-- "I love you Clay" and "That's ok, I'll be Anne." Instead it came out, "I love Anne, too!" I don't think he commented on that!

He signed the other Cd for my sister, Emily, and then Lynarion walked off in a daze. My turn was much faster but he still said hello to me and asked me where i was from.


We could hang around the store and stare at him while he signed other CDs. We ended up staying until he left. It wasn't that much longer, about 45 minutes. I couldn't bring myself to leave.

Isn't he the sweetest? He was only supposed to sign one but he made sure my friend got a signed booklet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Technorati tags: , , , , ,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clay is so sweet!


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF