CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Saturday, December 10, 2005

No More Christmas Classics... But Clay Aiken?

Short blurb about Clay in this article asking why TV studios no longer produce animated Christmas specials anymore.

Where Are The New Holiday Classics?
The other day, I was sitting in my optometrist's chair, patiently waiting for my first eye exam in, well, five years. I know, I know. Five years is ridiculous. Really ridiculous. I agree. I'm gonna be better. I promise.

Are you reading this, mom?

Anyway, before checking out my painfully strained 42-year-old peepers, my eye doctor, as always, wanted to briefly chat about the boob tube.

"It must be real busy for you right now," he said.

"Not really," I replied while squinting to read an absurdly blurry line that looked like hieroglyphics scrawled by a toddler. "During this time of year, all you see are reruns and Christmas specials."

And that got me thinking on the short drive back to my office -- Why doesn't television make animated Christmas shows anymore?

That's why instead of seeing new animated specials, we're getting holidays shows featuring Clay Aiken, Nick and Jessica (no last names are needed, I'm sure) and sappy holiday movies starring the likes of Peter Falk, Joe Mantegna, Steven Weber and Tom Cavanagh.

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF