CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Boston Herald Interview

Aiken making 'Joyful Noise' on holiday tour
By Sarah Rodman/ Music
Monday, December 5, 2005

Central casting could not come up with a better ambassador of holiday cheerthan Clay Aiken.

The jolly "American Idol" runner-up is touring with his second Christmas production, Joyful Noise 2005, which comes to the Orpheum tomorrow.

In addition to singing selections from his 2004 holiday release "Merry Christmas With Love" and carols and hymns, the 27-year-old North Carolinian has penned a script to tie the songs together. Revolving around the theme of Christmas spirit, Aiken's tale is performed by a group of dancers and actor-singers, including his high school choir teacher, Allison Lawrence.

We caught up with the easygoing singer, who hopes to have a new CD in stores early next year, by phone from a Pittsburgh tour stop.

Herald: This summer you were voted the Most Loved Reality Star in a TV Guide poll. How does it compare to appearing in People's "Sexiest Men" issue in 2003?
Aiken: They both make me laugh. They're very flattering. I don't think I've been voted the "Sexiest Man Alive." I was in the book but I was on, like, page 74 so I don't think it counts.

You take criticism and jokes lobbed at you with good humor. Do the ribbings and negative reviews really not bother you?
Obviously, you sure don't love 'em if they're bad. But I've always been taught to try and find the positive in every situation. So at least people are talking instead of not saying anything at all. Obviously, if they were saying all good things I'd be much happier, but it's not going to happen. Those reviewers and those people who want to take potshots and be negative and nasty, they're wasting their time and wasting it with me. How great!

We hear you've turned into a playwright on this tour.
I turned into a control freak, let's be honest. I knew I wanted to do something different. I wanted to do a show that brought all of the elements together. I sat down and started writing an outline, and then went to see if I could get someone to help put together a script and thought, 'If you want something done right, do it yourself.'

You've brought your high school choir teacher on tour with you. So are you guys trashing hotel rooms and going to strip joints?
No. But it's so strange to me. She was the teacher that was very well loved because she was the cool teacher. I still call her Miss Lawrence every once in awhile."
But you're her boss now!
I know, isn't that weird?

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF