CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What's Hot From Spamalot 3/4


Today we have some great news to report. Tom Deckman is back!! Apparently he has been out for so long because he was hurt. So glad he's well again and back to carrying on the antics of Not Yet Dead Fred and Prince Herbert. Just to let you know how glad people are that Tom is back, here are some comments from The Clayboard:

  • Most excellent news reported on another board from starhorse via dancermom that Tom Deckman is back tonight.
  • From starhorse....(my DD!) who is seeing Spamalot tonight for the first time... Tom is back!!!!!! (does happy dance!!!!) No substitutions tonight!!!!!
  • hooray!
    I love Tom (and everyone else).
  • Hurray!! No one could possibly be as perfect for his roles as he is. I'm so glad he's back!!
  • Yippee for Tom D being back! I was thinking of going this weekend, and now I just might do that.
  • So happy to hear that Tom is back. He is a fabulous actor and just a riot as Herbert! I've missed him and hope he's there on 3/21 when I go to my next show!
  • Glad Tom is back and feeling better...
    I've not seen the show and won't have the pleasure..but I take it, he's great..so I'm happy he's back!
  • YES, Tom was there. He explained at the stage door that he had been out because he'd been hurt.
As always, here are some reports from Spamalot.

  • This first one is really cute. Nancy3133 at The Clayboard tells us:
    Last night there was a little girl by the stage door with her Mother and my friend noticed her. My friend called her up so we could make room for her between us. She was just beautiful. She was telling us that she LOVED Clay Aiken. She was telling us how Clay had to take his wigs off before he came out and my friend asked her how she knew he had on a wig. She said she saw the big picture in the front of the building. My friend was telling her his hair would be messed up because he had just taken off his wig. She was 9 years old and she was trying to decide what to have signed.. When the door opened and Clay and Jerome came out we said Here comes Clay now get ready. She yelled THAT"S NOT CLAY AIKEN. and she kept saying it over and over When he came over he looked down on her and said HEY How are you and he signed her poster I think it was. and gave her a big Smile. I said to him She said That's not Clay Aiken? and he just put on the biggest smile. She thought he was going to come out with the dark hair. Every time she said something her Mother kept says SHHHH I will tell you later. But she insisted it wasn't Clay Aiken.
  • Clay's Sister In Christ at The Clayboard has a really good review for us as well:
    My day started at around 1am on Sunday because I was too excited to sleep and too nervous for my 1st plane trip. My friends and I went to the March 2 matinee showing and I must say that if anyone out there had any doubts about seeing this, please read.....
    I flew into NYC on March 2 and got to tour NYC a little before the show. I must say that my cab experience was like nothing else I had ever been through!!! I'm not sure why they even put lines in the road when NO ONE even regards them. I swear, at one point I could shake a guys hand with me in a cab and the car next to me. There were many close calls and held breaths in every cab ride. LOL! We ended up eating at Lombardi's Pizza Place for lunch. It was different but good. After lunch, we went to Central Park for an hour walk. It was nice but I bet it's soo much prettier in the spring/fall seasons. From there we caught another cab to Shubert and anxiously awaited for OMC and the show to begin! From having read what others thought about Spamalot in the beginning, i was leary of even wanting to go in the first place. But, am I glad I did!!! It was spectacular! Clay nailed every scene like a pro. It was extremely funny most of the time, but it did have some "off-color" humor that I could do without. I have to tell you that Clay's parts were the funny ones, b/c I never saw anything "off color" about his performances. Immediately after the show, we raced to the stage door to await for Clay. I had my camera ready and my playbill in the open for him to sign. But the best part of this is that when he got to me, he took my playbill, looked at me (to remember who's it was), signed it and handed it back to me. As quickly as he signed it, I jammed the playbill under my arm, grabbed my camera and Clay SAID, "well you better hurry up and take the picture!" and flashed that OH SO GORGEOUS SMILE right at me into my camera. I now know what the Aiken fog can do, b/c my camera had it as well! I heard my camera click so I thought the picture took and lo and behold I have a green blob (i'm sure it was Clay's hoodie in motion) and before I could take another picture, he was off. I could just kick "mahself" for not being more careful, but I knew I only had a short amount of time to do it. So, if ANYONE has video or pics from that stage door, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share it! I was in the front along the gate and almost at the end of the line. I just don't know how all you clack gatherers get all these gorgeous pics and not be in the Aiken fog!?!?!?!?! Well, before we flew home that night (yes, we flew in and out in one day to see Spamalot), we were able to see Times Square and catch a bite to eat at Virgil's BBQ. The service was very good there, but was not at all pleased with the food I ordered. But that is just my opinion on that. I want time to go back to 2pm on Sunday and replay it all!!! After being up for 24 hours, I was ready to go to dreamland and replay it all there!
  • Via OneSingerGal at The Clayboard:
    Intermission report from Starhorse:

    He was playing with his helmet strap...and it was interesting to watch him....
    Camelot scene...he was shimmying with one of the girls
    Making funny facial expressions and it was fun to watch.
    The orchestra is pretty packed but the two seats next to her are empty.
    She thinks he saw Jerome in the back watching the Act 1.
    Tom Deckman is really good
    She is snitching a couple of Playbills...CTLover gets one since she asked already. She doesn't know how many she can snitch....*g*
    Clay looks really good...lots of energy and he looks really

    Stage Door report He came out...he looks really good...wearing some really really really nice dark jeans and his dark black jacket. Nice tousled hair. Didn't notice what he was wearing underneath it too much gorgeousness. Starhorse got a wink she is happy...and giggly flying....oh and the jeans were really really nice jeans. *g*He was in a good mood...and talking to people near her. Starhorse can give the details...she was talking so fast and giggling and thudding I couldn't get it all. Someone asked Tom wasn't there....said he was hurt. Claysrainbow also reported 4 suits in the 2nd row and everybody is speculating on who they are?????????

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF