CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Friday, March 07, 2008

What's Hot From Spamalot 3/07



Today we've got some hot new Spamalot ticket discounts for you via Broadwaybox.com. Here is the info about these discounts:

$70 Orchestra & Mezzanine Seats!
$45 Balcony Seats!
Valid for performances now through April 27
Tue. - Thurs. at 8; Sat. at 2; Sun. at 2 & 7

Visit Broadwayoffers.com and enter the code SPBBX25.
Call Telecharge.com 212-947-8844 and mention code SPBBX25.
Bring a printout of this e-mail to the
Shubert Theatre box office at 225 West 44th Street.



Here are some more great fan reports from Spamalot today.

  • Clayngel from The Clayboard gives us this report:
    While I was waiting in the lobby for the door to open two guys came in and asked if there were any Clay fans there who wanted to be interviewed for Idol Extra. About 10-15 people rushed up to him with excitement. He asked people's ages and how many times they'd seen the show and picked 7 to be interviewed and I was one of them! We had to sign waivers and were taken outside to be asked questions on camera. The two guys were apparently at the show the night before and said that they interviewed Clay earlier today. They said they didn't know what to expect, and were surprised by how much he talked! They said that he just kept going. That's our guy!

    I think the first scene was thrown off a little without David because King Arthur messed up a couple of his lines and then that cause Clay to flub a bit on his "air speed velocity" line, but they all covered perfectly and the only ones who would know that something was wrong is if you'd seen the show a bunch of times. The understudy for Patsy was actually the same guy who replaced Tom last week.

    The audience was really full and there were a lot of Claymates there for a weekday, or maybe they were just a little more enthusiastic than usual because he got a lot of cheers and applause throughout the night!

    It continues to amaze me how Clay can keep getting better and better, even when I thought he had the parts down perfectly to being with. He just lights up the stage and has so much energy and enthusiasm that it is just fun to watch. The drunken guard and Brother Maynard scenes are hysterical and the audience is gasping for breath because they are laughing so hard. The show is never the same twice and I love getting to see how everyone changes things up.

    There was a big crowd at the stage door tonight and Clay seemed to be in a really happy mood. And he was wearing a coat! (Keep any sickness far far away!) He went through the crowd signing as much as possible and I think he got to just about everyone. At one point he commented on not even knowing what he was writing anymore and then a few more people down he said "I think I just signed that Josh Groban." It was sooo funny!
  • D4kkkks from The CB was one of the lucky ones to make it on stage as the "best peasant" winner. Here's her review:
    Clay looked professional last night as an actor and as a dancer. He seems so effortless. He even gave some extra dancing moves. He is in good spirit. Everything he does on the stage looks so easy for him last night. He is so adorable and hug able. The three big notes,(yodeling, haying, final "Find the Grail" song) are truly amazing. I only have my eyes for him when he is on. I enjoy every minute of it. Until......

    They unveiled the clue. I held my eldest niece's hand, closed my eyes and I heard the Hebrew announcement "BI OI"! I felt my heartbeat faster. I looked down. All I heard are very loud enthusiastic cheering from the audience, especially from my 4 nieces. Still looking down, Patsy came down to me and did the scene routine. I stood up; he found the grail in my seat; King Arthur said something; Sir Robin invited me up the stage. I felt like a robot; I just saw myself walking up the stairs, like climbing to the stairs of heaven, up on the stage standing and I heard King Arthur asking me if I was nervous (because I was worried that I might embarrass my Nieces and Clay). I don't remember how I answered him. I had to ask my nieces. I smiled and nodded."yes". He asked my name and my last name.

    After the mini ceremony I heard my name announcement as "THE WINNER FOR BEST PEASANT IN NEW YORK CITY IS ME" !!!!!!!

    Patsy pronounced my last name funny & cute. I looked at the audience and I can only see the front row seats since I was on spotlight. I heard a very loud cheering from everyone. I just felt someone is guiding me toward Clay and the casts. When Clay and the casts were all singing, I know I couldn't stop myself not to look at Clay and I heard the audience laughing. But it didn't stop me. All I can remember, I continued looking at him . In my blurred moment, I don't even remember Clay's face clearly. All I know is that he was singing to me. I smiled & paused as they turned me for the Polaroid picture on stage, which after Clay gave to me. He said something but I forgot. I know I said "Thank you". They were guiding me off stage. I felt I was walking alone in cloud 9. I looked at my eldest Niece as she came to me and assisted me in going down the stair. Mrs. Evelyn Clasicas seating in A101 congratulated me.
    After the show, I am asked my Nieces how I did on the stage. They were all very happy and proud of me. All the Asian Claymates and even the Claymates from Oregon who were there congratulated me and wished me "Happy Birthday" as well. Sir Lancelot, told me I did a wonderful job on the stage. Herbert said "Congratulations" and "Happy Birthday". After all, I hope Clay feel proud of me too I am Blessed. It happened on my Birthday. I like to thank everyone and all who wishes and support me in spirit.


  • From Clayversity, Clay will not be coming outside to sign autographs tonight. Apparently this is because of heavy rain:
    Smitten called and said Clay's not doing the stage door. First Jerome came out and said they'd see how it goes and then the grumpy security dude (not Jerome) came out and said Clay wasn't going to and started taking down the barracades.
  • Clayfan2003's mom took some great pictures at the Stage Door. Check these out:


0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF