CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Friday, March 21, 2008

What's Hot From Spamalot 3/21


All fan reports are from The Clayboard:

  • Our first news from Spamalot really is not so hot. Apparently Clay has hurt his hip. Zacus at The Clayboard gives us this report:
    Clay did not come out to the stage door tonight. Tom Deckman told the crowd that Clay had hurt his hip and was already gone. You coudn't tell anything was wrong during the show. His dancing was very vigorous throughout the show and he was extremely animated.
    Oh no!! Let's hope its nothing serious. Get better soon, Clay!

  • From Lilred:
    ... and here's a little recap from last night..
    March 20 From the CH
    QUOTE("ForeverYoung") I heard her say on the phone to one of her friends while I wasn't in the room, "I laughed so loud my mom told me to lower the volume and yes, he was really, really fantastic!" and that made my night. Best birthday present I could ever receive from my daughter. You see, this was the first time my daughter ever consented to do anything Clay related with me and I'm beyond thrilled.

    My recap consists of these thoughts from last night:
    - Row H center, no one tall obstructing my view
    - Clay animated, gorgeous and flawless
    - Dinner at Junior's during rush hour was everything the matre'd said it would be, 30 minute wait for table, dinner served within 10 minutes of seating and out by 7:45 in time to get across the alley to the theater.
    - Wind gusts in the alley so strong, my daughter had to hold on to me so I wouldn't blow away.
    - No stage door showing for Clay, boo hoo, I suspect because of the wind, but I have 2 more chances. I really wanted my daughter to have the experience.
    - The woman sitting next to me, big Clay fan, was here with her husband from Houston Texas and they came to see Spamalot while her daughter was back in Texas in labor and delivered during the first act. She called home during intermission and found out her first grandchild had been born. It's a Boy! Waves to her if she reads CH.
    - A wonderful experience that I got to share with my daughter. Now, I've got to get tickets for my son-in-law so I can share this experience with him. He is a big Python fan...

    ...and a little something from tonight from CV...

    QUOTE(Invisible926 @ Mar 21 2008, 05:03 PM) Just got back from Shubert Alley. We saw Jerome walk by with something in his hand, maybe a greasy McDonald's hamburger. *g*

    It is still windy as heck. I don't know if stage door will be possible. The barricades are out though so maybe it will work out.

    Ticket guy said only a couple of tickets left for tonight. We asked if David(Patsy) would be back. He didn't know. I want David back!!!!
  • James Beaman's Blog - James Beaman is the actor who plays Sir Robin, the same role as Clay, in the U.S. Tour. He has some very interesting things in his blog, many which are certainly similar if not the same as Clay has in this role. One thing that he wrote about in his March 16 entry is his feelings concerning people who leave the theater early before or during the curtain call. People have been seen doing this same thing during the Broadway show. Might Clay and the other actors feel this same way? Maybe we should consider what James has to say and not leave early:
    You who have followed my blog know that I try to accentuate the positive and see the good as much as I can. But I have to point out a pet peeve of mine. Audience members should not leave the theatre during the curtain call, period. The curtain call is part of the show (and in our show it includes a wonderful encore sing-along of "Bright Side" with confetti canons going off at the end--why would you wanna miss that!?) and to walk out while we are out there receiving your appreciation is like departing a restaurant without leaving a tip. In addition to that, WE CAN SEE YOU. We can see masses of people making for the exit while we are sharing what should be the crowning moment of the evening with the audience and that doesn't feel good--it also takes away from the experience of other audience members. Please, when you go to the theatre, stay for the curtain call. Yes, you may have to file out with everyone else after the show and yes, you may have to get your car from the garage, but are you really saving any time by leaving three minutes early? This is my opinion and my opinion only and doesn't represent the production. I just had to say it!
    James also talks about his dressers and his 100th performance. Check out what all he has to say. Its very interesting.

  • Today we have some fun pictures for you.

    A little fan lovin' for Clay's bus picture



    Spamalot Audience with Their 3-D Glasses!



    And speaking of 3-D glasses, how about these from Broadway.com



0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF