CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Monday, July 23, 2007

Tidbits 7/23

  • An honest review of the Canandaigua (you have no idea how hard it is to spell that word even after the 340340934th time!) concert from Diane Sprague at Incense and Spices -
    Everything is different. Time has gone by and changed things, sometimes slowly but steadily, sometimes abruptly, sometimes in unnoticeable ways. Sometimes things changed so drastically that the past becomes almost a stranger. With a certain amount of reluctance, sadness, and relief, I found that my interest in Clay was slowly waning away. Other music began to interest me and the delight of listening to Clay, though still present, was not as powerful. More and more I set my wonderful collection of his songs aside for something new, something different. I would still return, and look for news about Clay, but found myself watching from a greater distance, with less interest and emotion. In many ways, it has been hard to let go. It's a sad part of life, watching love fade, feeling the excitement slip away, and finding nothing really lasts. Even so, there is some comfort in knowing that time has forced us to move on to something else, whatever that something else might be.

    I really didn't know how I would react to the concert. When it started I could not even find Clay. I heard the crowd cheering but could not find him anywhere on the stage. I finally figured out that since everyone else was looking up, I should try that tactic also. It worked. There he was up high walking along the catwalk or whatever that is called. He was smiling, and I really don't know why, but it was magic. The feelings were not totally gone. It was fun again. He slowly worked his way through the crowd and made his way to the stage. His voice was the same voice I remembered. There is something special about hearing him live and letting his voice fill everything inside until all my worries were driven away. The Rochester Philharmonic provided an excellent background, and the shell we were under provided a cozy protection for the incessant rainfall that surrounded us the entire evening.

    At the end of the concert, I wanted to hold on to it. I did not want it to end. I loved being immersed in his beautiful voice. I realized I was going to be leaving something I was not totally willing to let go of yet. There is still reasons to pay attention to Clay. In many ways, I have stepped away, but it reminded me that there is something beautiful and wonderful there that I am not ready to leave behind. I stepped out into the rain wondering about Clay's future. Other things have caught my attention, but I am going to still leave a small corner for Clay. It's still a special corner full of beauty and joy.
  • "Idol: The Musical" mentions... I have a feeling Clay will go see this show during his few days off between the NJ and California concerts...
    • New Yorker (just an event listing)
    • Broadway World - "Idol: The Musical" songs hit the internet...
      Performances for Idol: The Musical, described as "a satirical new Off-Broadway musical described as "a show based on the worship of Clay Aiken," began Off-Broadway at the 45th Street Theatre (354 W. 45th St.) on Thursday, July 5th.

      The show, according to press notes, "is a satirical musical comedy that focuses on the outrageous and delusional fan base of the hit television show. The musical takes place in Steubenville, Ohio where a group of dork-like students are preparing for their high school graduation after which they are determined to drag themselves out of the dregs of the middle-of-nowhere. There are eight of them; all belonging to the same cult-like club that meets daily in a barn that doubles as a shrine to Clay Aiken...The story heats up when the mid-American leg of the 'Idol Tour,' starring Clay Aiken, is announced to be playing Chicago, Memphis, Louisville, Scranton, Charleston, Greensboro, Roanoke and...Steubenville."
  • Concert listings:
    • Detroit Free Press
    • ThisWeek Community Newspapers - write up for the Columbus concert... sorry, we picked it up a little bit late:
      What is it about former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken that gets the girls swooning? Is it his wholesome boy-next-door looks, now more mature and smoldering courtesy of a brunette bowl cut? Is it the lingering effects of his debut CD, Measure of a Man, or his unique reinterpretations of Richard Marx and Celine Dion on A Thousand Different Ways? Perhaps we'll never be able to quantify that certain something that launched Aiken on his 15-plus minutes of fame, but it will make for a good guessing game during Picnic with the Pops this Saturday, where Aiken will perform as a special guest with the Columbus Symphony Orchestra.
  • AntiMusic - random Clay mention... rock music stuff

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF