CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

2500 Fans Wait For Clay By Bus at Columbus Concert


As most of you have heard, there were 12,000 to 14,000 people who attended the concert at the Chemical Abstract Service venue in Columbus, Ohio on Saturday, July 21. What I'd give to see a picture of that crowd! The cheering must have been overwhelming!!

But even more unbelievable is the fact that 2500 fans waited for Clay at the bus after the concert. 2500!! Now with a crowd that big, you'd think that they would decide not to send Clay out there to try to greet everyone. Not so.

The Clayboard has a thread which tells some really neat things that happened at the bus that night. Below are some I'd like to share with you. Have your tissues ready for a couple of them.

Imclaymed tells us,

"I was standing a few feet from the bus behind a grey car when Jerome came out, saw us and said, "My goodness, there's a lot of y'all. Any suggestions of what we do?" When he decided on the single file line, which went all over the place, I ended up being about 15 people from the far end of the line. I thought I was never gonna get to the end! However, getting there put me near the parking lot, just a hop and a skip from our parked car.

I figured Clay would only lightly brush some of our hands as he passed by, but we all got a firm grip...and a "Thank you for coming". What a gracious man!!!!"
The aerial map above shows the approximate length of the line of fans. Can any of you imagine any other star lining up 2500 of their fans single file and shaking hands with all of them? What an amazing person Clay is!

Mom4clay22 tells a story that brought tears to my eyes,
"That was a magical night!

My 8 year old daughter got her first handsqueeze. She was so nervous he wouldn't see her. But he paused when he did and said "Thank ya hun!" She has been on ever since. My hubby (who doesn't get "it") was impressed." Not only did Clay make a little girl's dream come true, but he impressed a husband who, like many men, don't "get it"!
Now this next story is a several tissue one. DigginClay tells us this one,
"Nicki503 posted this in the Columbus recap thread. It's so beautiful, I thought more people might see it here. I hope you don't mind nicki!

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was only one low light with regard to the handshake line that I would like to comment on if I may. That low light, however, turned out to be a real highlight for me and for my two friends. I kept looking back at a van in the parking lot. There was a girl there in a wheelchair seemingly content to just watch the line and watch Clay go by. I mentioned to my friends that maybe we should see if we could get Clay to look her way and wave at her. Well, one of my friends had a better idea. She waltzed right back to her to ask if she would like to join us in line. Oh did she ever want to do that. The person with her was hesitant about that but my friend insisted. I found out later that apparently she had wanted to be with some fellow fans in line but that they did not want her in line with them for reasons I do not know. So she joined us in line. Then came Clay and the real highlight of my evening. As Clay and Jerome approached I could see they were looking up, straight-ahead and of course moving very fast. Well, this girl in the wheelchair as about my waist level. I feared Clay would not see her so as he approached us I started loudly saying, “Look down!” And, I also pointed down to her. It worked, Clay then saw her and leaned way over and took her hands with both of his! It was quick but she was thrilled beyond belief. Because of that I actually missed my handshake but I did touch his arm. I have to say that I did not mind at all because it was such a good feeling to see how thrilled this girl was that she was actually in line and that Clay shook her hands! Those who did not want her in line with them missed one of the most heartwarming moments of the evening. The look on Clay’s face and on her’s was absolutely priceless. I am not condemning anyone, as I don’t know the full story as to why she was not in line with her friends. I just wanted to mention what they missed by not having her with them in that line. I can get a handshake at another concert. I would not have traded that moment for anything."
How special for Clay to do this for all 2500 fans. And how great are the fans for being so good about staying organized and waiting quietly until Clay came by to shake their hands. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Clay and his fans are the greatest!

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF