CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

American Idol 2 - Remembering Clay's Performances - Top 3


This week on American Idol 6, the Top 3 performers, Jordan, Melinda, and Blake, were featured. At this point in the season, the best singers are usually left. And that was definitely the case in Season 2. Clay, Kimberly, and Ruben. For me, at that time, I did not realize there was this massive group of online fans who were voting for Clay. So I remember being scared that Clay could be voted off since Kim and Ruben were both really good singers. I remember being absolutely sick at my stomach that whole night and then for the results show!

As was the case this week, Season 2's Top 3 sang three songs that evening. The first song they drew from a hat, the second song the judges chose, and the third song they chose for themselves.

Clay's first song that he drew out of the hat was Vincent. I personally was not happy that he had to sing Vincent. In my mind it was not the most exciting song in the world, but I knew Clay could make it great. We all remember the Vincent fiasco. After the fact, we found out that Clay was asked to add a verse about one hour before the show. He was given one hour to change up the song and get it right. Of course, we were not told that at the time. Looking back at the video, Clay handled this like a pro. At the time he sang it, I knew there was a spot in the song where he stopped singing, but I thought that was just the way it was arranged. And his ending of the song was fantastic. What he did to compensate for the memory lapse was nothing short of amazing. He never let on, and he found a way to come back in and end the song without stumbling over the words. Of course, the judges had to mention the forgotten part without saying that a verse was added at the last minute, and Clay handled that like a pro as well. Clay talks with Linda Loveland about the forgotten words on a video at YouTube. Check it out and see what Clay has to say.

The judges chose "Mack The Knife" for Clay's second song. I about jumped out of my seat when I heard that. I knew that Clay could knock that one right out of the ballpark and into the next county! And he did. To this day, that is still one of my favorite songs of Clay. He was so cool, so hip, the outfit was awesome, and the finger snapping still gets me every time! I still get chills listening to him sing that song and striking that pose when he hit the last note! Randy gave Clay a standing ovation, Paula thought Clay was ultra cool, and Simon said it was brilliant and amazing. For once, all 3 judges got this one right! Check out the video below for a "blast from the past"!



Clay's final song was "Unchained Melody", which is one of my very favorites ever. Clay chose this because it is his mom's favorite song. Again, this is one song that absolutely sends chills down me every time I hear Clay sing it. That high note toward the end, the deep knee bends, the passion and emotion he puts into every word. This is Clay at his best. Once again, the judges all had good things to say, well, maybe Simon's wasn't all that good. But Clay showed that he definitely deserved to be in the final 2, and of course America voted him in the following night.

Here is a video of Clay singing Unchained Melody to make your day!



If you want to download Clay singing any of the AI2 songs, head over to Clack Unlimited's American Idol 2 Solo Performances. You can also download the judges comments, group songs, and the results shows there.

CLAY GOING HOME DURING TOP 3 WEEK - PICTURE MEMORIES


1 comments:

Dianne Barbee said...

CDD,

Thank you for the walk down memory lane. You are right -- hearing Clay sing UM puts a smile on my face every time.

Have a great weekend!

Caro


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF