CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Women & Clay Aiken - What Is It?


In my hunt for some great articles archived on my computer, I came across this great one by Linda Williams, also known as Sugarpi. This article is almost three years old, and I don't think we completely have the answer yet as to what it is about Clay that attracts so many women of all sizes, shapes, colors, and ages to him. As others have said, if they knew, they would bottle it up, sell it, and makes millions.

I think you will agree with every word of this article. It once again reminded me of why I love Clay so much and why I'm glad I have all of you to share those feelings with. Enjoy a great read!

Women & Clay Aiken - What Is It?
by Linda Williams (2004/06/22)

After all this time, the affect Clay has on us is still undefined,
but not for lack of trying! The women who adore him are some of the
most gifted I've ever come across in any medium -- it's uncanny to
see the writers, the graphic artists, the videographers, etc, all
seeking ways in which to express and/or define this phenomenon.

Sometimes I just have to think that maybe it's men in general who
have let down so many women, else why were these places in our hearts
so readily available? Obviously, some of us just never found Mr.
Right from the get-go. But suffice it to say, Clay has come along and
filled a lot of empty places on the inside, which in turn has
affected our lives dramatically -- you might say, "we've made room
for him!"

So let's go there first -- How could we have lived so many years and
never run across someone like Clay Aiken? We need to first appreciate
some scientific data I came across recently -- they have discovered
that apparently the human brain doesn't recognize age differences --
can we all say a big a-men to that? And not to try and explain what I
believe is mostly a spiritual/soul connection with Clay, but they
tell us that when we are attracted to a member of the opposite sex,
for whatever reasons we may find them appealing to us, that it
generates a cocktail of feel good chemistry, not the least of which
is addicting!

Whoa! That explains feeling younger, more energetic, yet, drawing
from within a new level of perception of both myself, my family and
those around me. So many have said, "I found my inner girl," and some
have even confessed, "for the first time." It contributes to the
ongoing attraction and our efforts to sustain the connection we feel
with Clay. I've jokingly said, "real life is intermission," but I
fear it's closer to the truth than I dare admit to myself. There's
even 12-Steps for the OCD (Obsessive Clay Disorder), and there's no
end in sight, no relief, just more and more of whatever it is this
incredible Prince Charming is dishing out!

As warm and fuzzy as all this feels, it's Clay's inner beauty that is
transcendent. When we look in his face, we see something beyond mere
physical beauty, we see that he is utterly transparent, completely
vulnerable, and most of all trustworthy. I've likened him to an
angelic being with sex appeal -- go figure!

The man behind the talent is another 100 pages, and better writers
than I have written some incredible essays, but certainly Clay has
put his lifestyle where his lyric sheet is in that he not only walks
the talk, but continues to go the extra mile for special needs
children and people he encounters.

He possesses the incredible ability, perhaps drawing from his own
personal pain and loss, of putting himself in the other person's
place, in a display of empathy that is a rarity for our times. I
stand in awe.

No one can argue with the fact that he's raised the bar on morality
across the board, even to the point where it could compromise his
career. He dismisses that with a wave of his hand. He speaks to the
media about his faith in God, his love for his mother, and his desire
to make a difference in the world. Need I say more?

I think we truly are struck by the rarity of this man, and if it's
putting Clay on a pedestal, then I say, if the pedestal fits, stand
on it! I honestly believe we're not likely to encounter a celebrity
who possesses these attributes again in our lifetime. Maybe we're
holding on with everything we've got!

And his voice, when he sings we are transported into Never Never
Land, above the mundane cares of ordinary life, unfulfilled dreams,
and all the disappointments so innate to our human experience.

In summary, perhaps Clay Aiken is the "last chance" for some of us --
our own special friend and secret love, maybe the first and maybe the
last. But ain't it great to feel alive again?

The Rut has a new resident, the windows are open and the sun is
shining and it's shining on us! We dance while we clean house, cook
dinner, we sense a load has been lifted and we are lighter on our
feet, we're managing the routine as never before. We get excited over
things we first got excited over when we were teens or in our 20s!

It doesn't seem to matter that we may never meet Clay Aiken, or that
he may never know that we exist as individuals with names, because
what he gives us from his end is "all these things," it is more than
enough and we're at a loss to ever fully explain it.

My feelings about Clay represent something that is exclusively MINE!
I don't have to answer to anyone for how I feel about Clay. And, I am
just naturally drawn to others who share this wonderful secret.

Hey, if we stop and think about it for TOO long, we may get the
blues -- just to realize for even a moment that we've only got him on
tape, electronically, on a CD, on paper, belies the depth of our
lives that he's taken over! We've never felt so young, we've never
realized we were getting so old! Ah, the bittersweet journey with
Clay and all his fans, wouldn't have missed it for anything!

We are enjoying life one new day at a time, and if people notice a
glow about you, just tell them it's Something in the Clay! Now excuse
me while I go back to my Clay Boards.

Linda Williams is a freelance writer, designer of her own Clay Aiken
website, and She is a Claymate who is best known as Sugarpi. Comments
on this article may be posted in the Rant Room for further public
feedback.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, this is exactly how I feel. I'm glad you repeated this article.

Anonymous said...

Loved this article before and it's still up-to-date now. She has written down so of my own feelings and thoughts about my attraction to Clay Aiken. I hope the Good Lord gives me more time to see where this Clayride will take him and me!

He's magical, he's moving, he's mystifying , he's marvelous, he's my number one singer man!


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF