CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Monday, March 12, 2007

Review From Charlotte Concert - 2004


And here we go again...another "blast from the past" as we await more tour news and exciting developments from Clay! This one is a review of my very own that I wrote after I saw Clay in Charlotte, North Carolina in October 2004. A friend talked me into going at the last minute, and I've never been so glad that I did! I've taken out a few names of friends (to protect the innocent!), but otherwise the review is intact. Talk about bring back memories to me!

I hope you will enjoy reading about this awesome Charlotte concert (okay, they're all awesome) from my perspective. I think that you will!!

Well, I'm finally finding the time to write up a review. Life is crazy over here!!

When we got to Charlotte first we went to the Bubel Aiken Foundation Fundraiser. They had lots of things for sale there -- t-shirts, license plates, pins, hats, etc. They were even selling the leis like Clay would give to the dancer at his concert. Oh, and they had Penny Lane there, so we all gave something for that. Turns out they
made $1600 and the total for all concerts was raised to about $20,000!!!! All from our pennies!!!

Next on our agenda was to go to the Clay fan barbecue. There were so many people there - men and women!!!! Its an awesome feeling to be there with that many people who are so obviously crazy about Clay!!! It was all such a good time!!

After the barbecue, we went back to the hotel to get ready for the main event by our main man!!!!! THE CHARLOTTE CONCERT!!!!!! WOO-HOO!! It was almost time to get to see Clay again!! We were all spread out all over the place. Our seats were on row 20 right in the middle of the theater!!!! We just had to look straight ahead to see those gorgeous green eyes!!! And we had binoculars!!!! Like I've said before, I just love "Closeup Clay"!!!! **SIGH**

Sitting 3 seats down from me was a lady I recognized. I asked her, "Were you onstage with Clay?" She said, "No, I was on Kimmel." Sure enough, she was the lady they showed on Jimmy Kimmel and who they asked if she minded being called a Claymate. She had said, "Some people don't." Remember her? That was pretty neat meeting her. I saw Jerome go down the aisle with several people following, including a girl who kept saying, "Please Jerome, Please!!!!" I guess she was begging to meet Clay!!!! Betcha it didn't work!!! :)

When it was finally time for the show to begin, I had goosebumps and butterflies in my stomach. The band starts playing, and then....and then....AND THEN!!!!....out comes Clay singing!!! And its the most exciting thing to see him for that first time in the concert. You've waited and waited to see him and out he comes in the flesh and you just want to run up there on stage and give him a big hug!!!! What a sweetie!!! And to hear him sing in person. Oh my goodness, that voice just melts my heart!!! Have you ever heard such a voice before? I know I haven't!!!

Every song was perfection that night. He was so into each song and I'm sure being jome made a difference. We were all screaming and going crazy!!! My son would think his mom was looney tunes!!!!! But you just want to let Clay know how much you love him so you just scream and clap and scream some more!!!! Clay was a hoot and a half that night. He asked a girl who was up close to the stage what in the world she was wearing. S'von (spelling??) said she had on Clay's thong and she started to show Clay and he just turned the other way and said something like, "No don't show me!!" Ends up she had a grass skirt on with jeans underneath and the thong on top. Still, Clay didn't want any part of that!!! Too funny!!!

Clay was also full of snarky comments when the dancers came onstage. He had a dancer who had been there before (Ethel), and then the other girl who got the lei, and she was dancing all over the place!!!! She was supposed to watch Ethel and dance like her, but she was in her own little dancing world and wasn't paying attention to anything else. Funny!!

Of course, the funniest thing of the evening was when Clay was telling the girl who came up to sing about Ethel. He got a little carried away in showing her what Ethel would do and he did that dance movement with his leg against the girl and then almost immediately realized what he had done and stopped himself. It was like a stand up comedy act after that. One crack after another after another!!! The crowd was going crazy. And of course the band and Jacob were about to die!!! I can't believe how funny Clay can be just off the cuff like that. He is just a natural up there. I think he endeared himself more to the fans with that little incident and how he handled it. He is just such a sweetheart!!!!!

During MOAM, everyone who had brought light sticks held them up and swayed them to the music. It was beautiful!!!! So many people had brought them, so it was like a sea of green lights!!! You could tell Clay was touched and I think held back tears during the song. And when the song was over, he just had this sweet look on his face like he couldn't believe the fans did that for him!!!

Well, all the other songs were wonderful as always. You can tell how much fun they are all having up there in STO and Roseanna. YWT brought me to tears this time. You can just feel the love he has for God when he sings that song. Invisible is such fun to sing along with Clay and to see the joy he has on his face hearing all the fans
sing it!!! And of course, Solitaire is just wonderful. The applause were thunderous before he came back out to sing that one. The only bad thing about it is that you know this is the last song and its almost over and you wish that Clay would sing about 20 more songs and just hang out with the audience and talk and laugh and cut up, etc.

It was so neat to see people from 3 to 103 there, and lots of men too!!! Young parents with little kids, teenagers, middle aged ladies, grandmas. You name it and they were there, all thrilled to see and hear the man of their dreams!!!! And I mean sweet, sweet dreams!!!! :)

When we left this most wonderful concert, we went to Shoney's where the fans were all going to meet. We packed the place -- took them by surprise!!!! They were running out of ice cream and other things. Someone had a portable DVD player and was playing videos of some of Clay's other concerts. We all just sat and talked and had a great time. There's just nothing like being with other Clay fans!!!

The next day we drove back to Raleigh and met several people at of all places a restaurant called something like "Texas Roadhouse"!!! Hey, I left Texas to eat at North Carolina restaurants, not Texas restaurants!!! :) Anyway, we had lots of fun. We took lots of pictures, and then (sniff sniff) I had to leave for the airport. I sure didn't want to leave, but you do what you have to do. And I was just so thankful
that I got to spend the time that I did there and see Clay in concert in his own home state and meet so many wonderful, wonderful people!!!

Oh, at the airport when I was going through security, one of the guards saw my Clay Aiken shirt on me. He said, "Clay Aiken!!" Then he said, "Clay comes through this airport all the time." I said, "Neat!" And then he said, "Next time you see Clay, tell him 'hi'." I said, "If I ever meet him I will!" Then I said, "Next time YOU see Clay, tell him hi from his fan "Jan"." He said he would!! I doubt he'll remember, but it was kind of a funny conversation!!!!

Well, I'm sure I've left something out, but that's most of it. It was just a grand and glorious weekend, and I hope all of you can do this some day. I've been smiling since I got home!!!!!

Jan D

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF