CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Jimmy & Clay In New Issue of Star Magazine


The CB's ellenpoppy says Clay's Jimmy Kimmel appearance was mentioned in the new issue of Star Magazine:

Those of us at the Kimmel taping last week saw Clay and Jimmy take pictures during commercials. One of those pictures has ended up in the new Star magazine (bald Britney on cover). It's in the "Normal/Not Normal" section. To my amazement, the magazine has declared their actions "Normal". I didn't purchase the magazine, just looked at it quickly, and the publicists don't have their copies up here yet for me to look at, so this is from memory... the caption read something like "Who knew Clay Aiken and Jimmy Kimmel were such good friends that they'd wear each other's pictures on their shirts?" and included a couple more sentences, mentioning that Clay had been on Jimmy's show. It was a fun mention, nothing at all snarky about it. Good sized picture, and the two of them looked good, grinning at the camera.

I'll go ahead and bring over my comment from CH, although I know many won't agree with me. Please don't bash me for this, because I DO have a right to my opinion. It was SO GOOD to see a picture of him in one of these magazines--which many people DO read--that was just a normal, fun mention, no smear, no pot shots, nothing nasty, just something reminding people he's still out there, still making appearances, still making the talk show rounds. People who missed his appearance won't even know that he didn't sing, so as far as they're concerned, he likely was on the Kimmel show to sing.

I know these magazines are usually trash, but they do get seen by plenty of people, and there are many times when they show celebrities in a casual feature--and it wouldn't hurt Clay to be seen more often in these pages, so that people who think he's disappeared can be reminded that he's still around. I'd love to see pictures of him from the Steven Curtis Chapman appearance make the rounds.

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF