CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Friday, December 15, 2006

Times Herald Record Pre-Concert Article

What a treat! We got this lovely pre-concert write up delivered to our inbox this morning courtesy Google News. You can read the entire Times Herald Record article here, but here are some highlights:

Those that don't know every detail of his life, as his fans the Claymates do, might be surprised to know he's not just a second-place winner of a national TV talent show. Or maybe that guy who made headlines recently for an on-air encounter with chatty "Live With Regis and Kelly" host Kelly Ripa. How much has that "incident" affected him?

"Oh, Lord, none whatsoever," Aiken says. "I've laughed at it, are you kidding me? None whatsoever. I didn't know I was that big a star."

When told about the Record's message board filling up in response to it, he replies, laughing, "Oh my gosh, people need to worry about bigger things."

The bigger things Aiken cares about come through in his charity work. This pop star uses his celebrity to help others. When his career as a special education teacher was halted after his success on "American Idol," he co-founded the Bubel/Aiken Foundation. The foundation helps open doors for developmentally disabled children, encouraging their interaction with all children. He was also recently appointed to the President's Committee for People With Intellectual Disabilities, was ambassador for UNICEF and spokesperson for Toys for Tots.

Hopefully that won't affect fans' chance to hear "that note" in "Don't Save It All for Christmas Day." On the CD, he holds a note perfectly for what seems like minutes. In actuality, it's precisely 22 seconds.

"You've been timing me?" he asks, laughing. "Twenty-two seconds. Now I'm going to have pressure to see if I can do 23."

The challenge is on, Clay.
... and here is a cute Q&A the Times Herald Record conducted with Clay:
Q: Colored or white Christmas lights?
A: White

Q: Cute or classy ornaments?
A: Classy

Q: Eggnog or cider?
A: (pause)
Q: You don’t like either?
A: Dr. Pepper
Q: Dr. Pepper?
A: (laughs)

Q: OK. Tinsel, garland or popcorn?
A: Tinsel’s like the shiny ...
Q: Yes, yes
A: Garland is ...
Q: The long shiny strings of it, the ropes of it
A: Oh ...
Q: Popcorn strings?
A: You know what my mom uses a lot on the Christmas tree? She uses baby’s breath.
Q: I do, too!
A: Yeah, baby’s breath and hay. And the first time I saw her do it, it was not hay so much as what looked like dead grass. The first time I saw her do it I was like, that’s the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen in my life, and then she turned the lights on and it was the most gorgeous Christmas tree I’ve ever seen. So I say dead grass.

Q: Great. Star or angel?
A: Angel

Q: OK, tough one: Rudolph, Charlie Brown or the Grinch?
A: Oh, the Rudolf claymation thing is so much, it’s so good, it’s a Christmas tradition, you know what I’m talking about?
Q: Yes, yes, of course. That’s one of your traditions?
A: Well, I mean, I remember watching it.

Q: Turkey or ham?
A: Turkey

Q: Real tree or fake?
A: Fake. So the dogs don’t eat it.
Q: Yes, although my cats eat my fake one. Which I shouldn’t have said (I’m panicking now) ’cause I know you don’t ... (Clay has an immense fear of cats).
A: Oh my God ...
Q: I’m sorry, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to, but I love dogs, I have a dog, too. OK. In a fight, who would win: Santa Claus or Hanukkah Harry?
A: Who is Hanukkah Harry?


Technorati tags: , , , , ,

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF