CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Lucky #18 Lands Claymate A Clay Aiken Hug

Claynana has shared this really cute story on the Clayboard. Just goes to prove a little luck can go a long way!

WHAT A CONCERT......WHAT A MAN!!

"18" MUST BE MY LUCKY NUMBER!! This was my 18th concert and I had purchased 18 tickets for family and friends to see Clay in my home town of Norfolk. That's what got Clay's attention at the concert and got me a one on one conversation and hug from the man himself.:rocker

I know many of you have read about my encounter with Clay at the concert on the cellcert. He was asking how far people had traveled to see him. I was on the front row and shouted, "My son came from Orlando, Florida!" He then asked my son if he really came all that way to see him in concert to which my son replied, "No, my mom bought my ticket and brought me here!" He then turned to me and asked how many family members I brought. I introduced my 8 family members and my best friend. My husband was sitting on the 2nd row behind me and a few seats down. Clay said, "Oh, I see, your husband is sitting back there and here you are up front." I then introduced my oldest son, Joey, whose birthday is also November 30th, Clay said, "Happy Birthday!" When I introduced my daughter-in-law, Rebecca, I told him she was carrying our fourth grandchild, to which he replied, "Fourth grandchild! Everybody say hello to Rebecca!"

My friend, Kim, was sitting beside me. I introduced her to Clay and told him she had just moved to Raleigh. He said, "You're not a stalker, are you?" She almost died.

He then said, "You bought 8 tickets to the concert?" I said,
"No, I bought 18!" The entire second row and three seats on the first row." I was fortunate enough to have gotten in on a pre-sale for local people back in September, thanks to Melissa (clayzthe1 on our board, who told me about the sale) and there was no limit on the number of tickets you could order. The rest of the tickets were for our local Clay Club members.

He asked me if I had the number for the person I ordered the tickets from and believe it or not, I had the business card from the gentleman I had picked the tickets up from in Norfolk in my purse. I got up out of my seat and walked right up to Clay and gave it to him!! He said, "You are mighty brave walking up here!!" I didn't even think, before I knew it I was standing in front of OMC!!:yow He was sitting on the edge of the stage and I can remember putting my left hand on his leg :thud and asking him if I could hug him. He reached over and gave me the most tender hug:thud ::!! Then he said, "I'm going to sing to you!!" "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas," one of my favorites, made me wish time could stand still. At the moment I felt surrounded by love with my family, friends and "Clay" looking straight into my eyes with that enchanted voice of his filling my heart and soul. There was a lot more said between us but these were the highlights.

As if that wasn't enough, a few songs later he came down off the stage walked thru the audience and ended up dancing with Faye who was sitting two seats from me. They were dancing right in front of me. How tender he was in the way he wrapped his arm around her pulling her close to him and whispering in her ear. You could just feel the love and respect he has for her.

When we got home from the concert my family and I sat up until 1:30 a.m. talking about the concert. My grown children and even my grandkids have at times give me a hassle about my Clay addiction; however, after the concert they all said he was awesome, funny, unbeliveable and one terrific entertainer. My granddaughters added, "He's hawt, Nana!!" Things I've been trying to tell them for three years now. Just proves "Mommy knows best!!"

In our local paper this morning (The Virginian-Pilot) there is a concert review with the heading "Give Clay his due: The fellow delivers." It is a great review and the last paragraph says:

"YES, CLAY AIKEN CAN SING, BUT THAT IS ONLY PARTLY WHY HE IS A PHENOMENON. HE GIVES HIS AUDIENCE - UNINTERESTED IN HIS PERSONAL LIFE, YEARNING FOR SAFE AMERICANA - WARM, CHERRY-PIE CAROLS APPROPRIATE FOR HANGING STOCKINGS AND TRIMMING THE TREE. CLAY IS A VESTIGE OF WHOLESOMENESS IN A POLLUTED WORLD. CERTAINLY, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT."


I think this reporter gets it!!

And the people said..................."AMEN!!"
Technorati tags: , , , , ,

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF