CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Monday, December 04, 2006

First Ever "UKLAYMEET" - United Kingdom Fans Meet to Share Clack

Kim and Debs From The United Kingdom


ClayNation includes fans from all over the world. In addition to the United States, fans can be found in Singapore, the Philippines, Korea, Australia, and countless other countries...including The United Kingdom.

Kimfreeuk posts at The Clayboard and she has been wanting to find a group of Clay fans to meet together in the UK. A while back she told us that she had finally been able to arrange to meet with another fan named Debs who lived about 50 miles from her. Kim shared a summary of the great time they had that day in a thread at The Clayboard. Here is her great story below:
Well it happened...and I'll start from the beginning...

There was 2, only 2, but it was a start. Many lurkers hidden in the UK, unable to join us but we weren't put off - we were going to do it no matter what.

I arrived 15 minutes early and sat in the restaurant anticipating Debs arrival. Would she like me...was she sickengly beautiful, did my hair look OK, did she have an accent, would I understand her, would she understand my accent, did she have one or two heads, was she posh, am I stupid, did she know more about Clay than me, was she really as mad about Clay as me or would I look stupid......Lord, question after question went around in my head...

tick, tick - 15 minutes passed, then 20, tick, tick...shes late, shes not coming...oh Lord, I've been stood up 50 miles from home...I txt her in case we were sitting in different Harvesters. She called me...she was sitting in the car park waiting for me!!!

She walked through the door - sickengly beautiful, but only one head - thank goodness!! She had a Clay t-shirt on (I haven't got one yet...boo-hoo)and we both had our carrier bags. Oooh wonder what she had in hers? Mine was full of clack, pins, pics, letters, friends. I had so much I wanted to share with her. She gave me a bag....inside was DVDs she had lovingly and painstakingly made, just for me. I was genuinely taken aback at her generosity. What a wonderful lady (and still sickengly beautiful as well!!)

We chatter, chatted and chatted more. Highlight was talking about Clays Pants of Perfection.....then out came the mobile phones and guess what was on Debs...I was so jealous ( thanks Debs...been resolved now!*kiss*)

We laughed, talked and dicussed Clay, our lives and our friends on the boards. We are both touched by Clay Fans and their generosity to us over the water.

As I drove away, I realised there was so much more I wanted to ask her but didn't get the chance...Its given me an excuse to see her again and such a relief to talk to someone who "gets it" as well.

We now hope to get more on board for the next time. 2 will become 3 or more. We both are prepared to travel a bit further if need be.

It was fun. I have made a lovely new friend, and we found we had more in common than we realised...and our sense of humour was similar, which as I am slightly mad, was a welcome relief!!

It was a success. To all our US buddys, we can do these meets over in the UK as well, albeit on a smaller scale!!

Thanks for pushing me to do it. Its a day I wont forget and one I hope to repeat REAL soon!!

Debs...thanks for the laughs, the chat and your friendship honey...
Clay has really brought so many of us together. I'm so glad to hear of Kim and Debs new found friendship and I hope that the UK group grows in number. Clay fans are blessed to support an extremely wonderful man and to have made so many friendships in so doing!

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF