CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Rosie O'Donnell Defends Clay, Calls Ripa's Comments "Homophobic"


Another twist in what is now being called "Kellygate" is making Ripa look more and more like a complete idiot.

On this morning's The View, Rosie O'Donnell defended Clay saying: "It was outrageous, it was out of line, it was unprofessional, and he wouldn't have done it to you because there's a respect." Rosie, a gay rights activist, accused Ripa of making a homophobic attack against Clay, referring to the gay allegations Clay faced earlier this year.

Think it ends here? Well, being the diva she is, Ripa immediately phoned The View and told Rosie:

Rosie, I love you dearly [but] I have to strongly, strongly disagree, I think what you said is downright outrageous. He reached across and covered my mouth with his hand and I have three kids [and] he's shaking hands with everyone in the audience -- I mean it's cold and flu season, that's what I meant and to imply that it's anything homophobic is outrageous Rosie and you know better, you should be more responsible. I'm sorry it came off that way to you but what I'm saying is I respect all people regardless... it never even occurred to me that would be, and I apologize to you if you felt that way.
..., and I absolutely love how Ripa tried to end the conversation: "I am not angry with Clay Aiken -- I took issue, I said what I had to say. It is in the past, I forgive him -- even if he doesn't apologize I forgive him, I don't care." The irony here is that several different people backstage at Live with Regis & Kelly heard Clay personally apologize to Kelly after the show on Friday.

As I said in yesterday's post: Kelly- it's time for you to shut your mouth and find a therapist.

I find it absolutely pathetic that the media is focusing on attacking Clay when they don't realize how important Clay's other work - the kind of work not mentioned in the media - is! What about Clay's UNICEF Snowflake Lighting, or his visit to Indonesia and Uganda?

Media mentions:
Technorati tags: , , , , ,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of the first people to take issue with homophobic (or racial or ethnic or any other prejudicial) remarks. However, what the H is Rosie talking about??? There was nothing remotely homophobic (scratching head) about anything Kelly said in her pouty little "performance" Monday (which I felt was filled with way too many childish facial expressions to actually come from a real adult) (still rolling eyes). If Rosie wanted to say something, why not address Kelly's extremely UNprofessional public tirade against a *guest* on her show? But no, she has to come up with this ridiculous remark out of thin air .... and I was just telling a friend last night that at least we could all be glad that this latest hoopla wasn't gay-related (sigh) I'm *really* sorry Rosie got involved.

As for Kelly's response to Rosie about worrying about germs because of her kids, plain and simple: WHAT CRAP! If it had been Mario Lopez's hand that tried to shut her up, she would have slurp out every bit of bone marrow that man has, regardless of where his hand had recently been (after all, she couldn't seem to get her fanny close enough to his crotch while they were "dancing" Friday). And from what I've heard, Kelly has covered Regis' mouth more than once -- she can dish it out, but she can't take it.

Ripa is simply a spoiled diva who threw a tantrum because a *guest* on her show was getting more attention than she was. She has never been a gracious host -- she's just too much about herself. After all, anyone who needs to work *3* hi-profile jobs obviously has some Look-At-Me issues. She should just be given a time out .... permanently.


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF