CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Tidbits 6/25

  • WOW! Isn't this drawing stunning! A very talented artist did this 11x14 graphite pencil drawing based on Clay's HAWT new look. She says it took her over 30 hours to complete. You can get your hands on it! It's being auctioned off on eBay. (starting bid is $450).
  • Arizona Republic mentions Clay in Taylor Hicks CD Single sales article. "The all-time "Idol" first-week singles sales champ is, of course, Clay Aiken. The Season Two runner up's "This Is The Night" sold 393,000 copies in its first week."
  • LBFCA: "Loosen Up Your Buttons, Clay" ... to the song "Buttons" by the Pussycat Dolls

  • Southern Girl reflects on her mother... "My mother once went to a Clay Aiken concert on my behalf when I wasn't physically able to go myself. She had the time of her life."
  • Clayigraphy... "How I spend my summer"... "I've attended 23 Clay Aiken concerts."
  • HotForClay shares her 2005 JBT Meet'n'Greet memories.
  • Going to prove Clay Aiken is everywhere, here's a JAPANESE Clay Aiken blog. Thanks to Tao Qian at Idle-wandering for bringing this to our attention.
  • Chexxxy posts about Solitaire... get ready to thud (some great clack is included in the post)
  • Wednesday's Child... "through the years musically"
  • Lyrichord's Music Musings... revisiting Clay on Jimmy Kimmel Live 2003.
  • MySpace blogger's top 10 cuties list. Clay rings in at #2. She says:
    Clay Aiken - 10 Aww!'s. I actually feel really ashamed, as a Clay fan, that I have not submitted his name to this list earlier, if not first. I should have been more mindful of my Clay duties. Nonetheless, he's of course one of the top of the Cute List, not only because of his great voice, humble attitude, kindness and just overall likeability (how could someone NOT like Clay? He's just SO nice!), but because of the following entry from my copy of his memoir, "Clay Aiken- Learning to Sing- Hearing the Music in Your Life" (just to preface, Clay's parents were VERY strict with rules, and punishments were really harsh. Not abusive or anything, just harsh. But of course, Clay being the nice guy and 10 that he is, still totally loves and appreciates them...):
    "Erin Cates was the most desirable girl in my high school. She was sweet and beautiful. She had dirty-blond hair and full cheeks that flushed when she smiled, which was often. And she had a terrific voice, which I got to hear every day in choir class.
    Because we both did shows, we were invited to attend the masquerade ball held by the Raleigh Little Theatre. When Erin heard about the ball, an amazing thing happened. She asked me to go with her.
    In my mind, this was going to be the biggest night of my life. I was going to wear a tuxedo. I was going to buy her a corsage.
    My mom knew how badly I wanted to go. I had been going on about it all week. But then, two days before the dance, I talked back to her. I sassed my mama, so what did she take away? My one chance with the homecoming queen.
    ...I mulled it over, and decided that some opportunities simply cannot be ignored.
    The night of the ball, I told my mom I had to work. I dressed in my Italian Oven uniform...I hid my tuxedo (which was unfortunately a tad too small) in the trunk of the car, said goodbye to my parents, and left for work.
    Erin met me in the Italian Oven parking lot. She picked me up and drove me to the Kroger grocery store, where I changed into my tuxedo in the men's room. She wore a pale aquamarine gown, and when I saw her waiting for me there in the fluorescent light of Kroger's, I knew she was the most beaufiul girl I'd ever seen and that any punishment would be worth this night with her.
    The dance itself was mildly disappointing. It was filled with old people. I was hoping for lots of kids from our school- witnesses, who would see me on a date with Erin Cates.
    Nonetheless, Erin and I danced together. We SLOW danced together. The song was a ballad by Boyz II Men, and I remember how dizzy I felt, spinning in circles, my hand on the small of her back.
    I remember thinking: 'We have so much in common, both of us love singing. And she's from a good family and she seems to be enjoying herself and maybe, after tonight, she will say she wants to be my girlfriend. We will become a couple, and we will always remember this dance as our special night.'
    I dreamed that dream the whole time we danced, and then the ball ended.
    We drove back to Kroger's. I took off my too-tight tux and put on my Italian Oven uniform, and Erin Cates, homecoming queen, waved goodbye and drove out of my life. I didn't even try to kiss her good night. Because although I longed for something different, I knew the truth: Erin Cates was never going to be my girlfriend.
    Erin Cates liked me as a friend. She appreciated my voice, and the fact that I was a gentleman. And that's why she spent time with me
    Still, I know she cared about me. Because even though we both knew we were destined to be just friends, for one night she let me pretend otherwise."

    Now, what girl did not cry from reading that? It's beautiful (YES, especially for us fellow dorks who sympathize). This is why us fans LOVE CLAY FOREVER!!!!
Technorati tags: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am newclayaiken from the Japanese fansite. Thank you for introducing my site! I visit your blog every day, so it's really an honor for me. In Japan, Clay is not as famous as he is in your country, but he has got lots of Japanese fans since AI5 finale.
I really hope he comes to Japan for a tour someday. If he comes, will you guys come, too?

Unknown said...

Hi newclayaiken!

It's great to see international representation in the Clay Nation.

I live in Canada and Clay has only come up here once, so I understand how you feel. I have no doubts Clay will one day make it to Japan for you guys.

*hugs*
clayis
CDD


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF