CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Thursday, June 01, 2006

CD to Drop in July?

The CH's calleik and the OFC's renybc, who both have connections with those in the music industry posted messages last night, fueling speculation that an official CD release date (rumoured to be July) will be announced soon. Keep in mind everything you read below is pure RUMOR.

Oh...and...I still believe in July. I hear, I share.

*The ClackHouse holds its collective breath.* Those fireworks are going to blast the paint off the walls.

Love songs will never be the same again.

I just know July is going to be a HOT month. Not sure about the actual CD drop yet. But there is going to be a lot going on from what I am hearing. I really think we're looking at a single in June or July. The fall thing is a fake-out. This whole campaign is based on shock and awe. It has started. It's going to continue in that fashion. Expect the unexpected. In spades. Strap on the seatbelt...or maybe the oxygen mask.

Still not convinced? Watch the [AI] video again. Watch his eyes. Just...his eyes.

ETA: Oh...and a postscript...our man's stock has shot up to an exorbitant level. There are bidding wars going on. I love it! We will soon have an embarrassment of riches.

...and the Official Fanclub's renybc posted this:
I have no idea who Calliek speaks with, I don't know her at all but what she hears is certainly almost eerily identical to what I'm hearing and I've certainly enjoyed it.

I have friends in the recording business only because I also used to work with them at a label and have stayed in touch over the years. It's not just Clay I hear about and I'm certainly not hearing because I am a Clay fan. In fact, they think that part of it is absolutely hysterical. I once refused to work on a Duran Duran promotion because they weren't "cool" enough for me and now I worship at the altar of the adorkable one.

Clay is incredibly hot right now, he is the talk of the industry, great things are both happening and expected from and for Clay and they suggest I watch for exciting news in the next few weeks and prepare myself for a smoking July.

Someone asked me what I meant when I said my friend had great expectations from Clay, as well as for him.

A good question, so I called and asked and this is what he said:

Right now I'd say the biggest buzz on your darling Clay is that we think he's going to exceed everyone's expectations and is poised to amaze and astonish with his talent now that people, yes me too, are receptive to him. The general opinion is that he's ready to show the world who Clay Aiken really is and, after the way he blow the lid off last week, I've got a whole new appreciation for just what this kid is capable of. I guess I should have gone to that concert with you after all. How about next tour?

This is a huge statement someone who laughed at my Clay love not very long ago.

The friend who made the lovely statement above is a high level executive for a major label and has been in the music business for over 20 years.
Technorati tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reny is SO full of shit.
She knows no one.
She simply repeats what others say.
She is a famewhore.

End of story.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF