CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

See... We're Not The Only Ones. Non-Clay Fan's Comments

The CB's MixnJude found this awesome post about Clay's appearance on AI last week. Best of all, it was from an American Idol board's non-Clay fan. See Claymates, we're not the only one gushing about our boyfriend. ;)

Principality Aiken eclipses even Prince

By now, everyone will have agreed that the American Idol finale was by far the most sensational of them all. I'd like to recap one most extraordinary moment. Or rather, my take on said instant.

The awards are given and I am somewhat surprised that such beautiful trophies have been made and are actually handed out for those low-grade performances. Couldn't they have been given out to the 12 finalists for outstanding achievement, or something? Nevertheless, this kid--Michael Sandecki --who was bashed during his audition, is handed a trophy for best look-alike, and is then asked to sing. As the audition reject begins his unlikely rendition, I'm thinking how nice for him, how nice of AI, and how completely odd, all at the same time. Until the backdrop is raised, the figure appears and the crowd goes wild. The kid--none the wiser--assumes the audience is loving his performance and keeps on singing. The suspense is staggering.

(Here's the disclaimer: I am not a fan; I don't own his CDs and I haven't followed his career. Sorry.)

Even with the close up, it takes me a few seconds to recognize him. His hair is longer, darker. His pale skin is the angelical contrast that brings his face into full focus. The new look is uncanny yet striking. Coupled with his phantasmagoric presence, it forewarns of something untamed and latent; like copper embers willfully subdued, silently smoldering over this pristine porcelain visage, yet ready to be set ablaze at the very first vocals with all the passion that his singing unleashes. Then there's something about the way he carries himself--and this unforgettable expression of his--that has me riveted to my television screen.

With the noble bearing of a prince, Clay Aiken inches towards his fan--mic in hand. His expression is a radiant and intoxicating mix of impish playfulness and powerful self-confidence; it accurately reflects his anticipation of the genuine pleasure of surprising an admirer, his love of performing, and this underlying intensity--a hint of seriousness that permeates his commanding presence and keeps me mesmerized and on the edge of my seat with expectancy. Now, that's what I call making an entrance! There is no denying it: his entire persona exudes raw magnetism. Could it be that, surreptitiously, this moment has turned the finale into Principality Aiken, and I've become but his humble subject? Whatever it be, my undivided attention is entirely his. And, quite frankly, I am floored.

I recall the first time I'd seen him sing. It was on a daytime talk show--Ellen, as I recall it. Now, if I had enjoyed "Invisible", I had been even more charmed by his demeanor, the look of pure joy that was evident in his eyes in those rare frontal close-ups. There is something truly magical happening when Clay Aiken makes eye-contact with the camera. For some reason, his happiness is contagious. I strongly suspect that that mystical "reason" has everything to do with the fact that Mr. Aiken is genuine. In fact, the only thing that I've found annoying in his subsequent performances has been the editing. (What's up with all those sideways close-ups, really!? )

But coming back to the finale at hand, if Michael Sandecki is passionate about his idol, it is clear that that love is reciprocated, and that Clay Aiken fully appreciates his fans. The mic is finally raised to his lips, as Michael suddenly turns and at last comes face to face with his true American idol--live and in the flesh--for the shock of his lifetime, and one of the most delightful moments in recent TV history. Time-travel-like dissimilarities notwithstanding, his mirror image has masterfully taken over the song, and now shakes his hand, as the kid convulses with awe. The astonishment subsiding and giving way to pure joy, Michael summons enough self-control to join The Voice he worships for a duet rendition of "Don't let the sun go down on me", making this the true climax of the finale of American Idol, that not even Prince's appearance--or the winner's announcement for that matter--managed to eclipse.

As for me, I suspect I've become addicted to a moment; the very one when, as the sheer embodiment of the ultimate charismatic stage presence, Clay Aiken and that haunting expression of his becomes a transfusion of happiness in my core. His new look? Love it; simply love it! However, not having access to Tivo, the next day I found myself endlessly surfing variety shows for a glimpse, a replay, an encore of "The Moment". Yet it's not enough and I'm already having acute withdrawal symptoms. I positively need more!

Memo to myself: as soon as feasible, pick up all Clay Aiken CDs and DVDs. Then will I finally be worthy of bestowing upon myself the supreme title, that of full-fledged Clay Aiken fan...
Eva H.


Technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Clayisouridol for publishing my post here. I am thrilled! This is one cool website and I am delighted and honored to have been able to pay due tribute to Clay here as well.

As an update, it took me a mere 4 hours to devour "Learning to Sing". I was unable to put it down. And absolutely unwilling! And so it was 3:00 am when I was done. It made me laugh out loud and shed a few tears. I was astounded at what I learned. My goal is to catch up on anything Clay as it is my deep regret that I missed AI2! Oh, and a concert is a must ASAP!!

Proud to be a Claymate convert!
Eva Hawk

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF