CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Kindergarteners "Stuck on Clay"

It looks like one teacher has mastered the craft of Clayversion... Read how the CB's flyonthewall Clayverted her kindergarten class!

Hi!
Today was the 100th day of school where I teach Kindergarten. Last year for the 100th day, I printed "The 100 Faces of Clay" off the CB (someone compiled it), backed it with cardboard and wore it like a "necklace" all day, much to the delight of my class (and lots of teasing from collegues). This year, I got out my folder and there was my Clay necklace, all ready to go for another year! I had my class make hats with big, glittery 100's on them and the day was spent doing 100-related activities. I brought in snack for everyone, so it was also my day for Show and Tell. Since I was wearing my necklace with 100 faces, I decided to make Clay the focus of it. I showed my class my keychain from the JNT2, my fan club T shirt and a M and G photo of a good friend with Clay. I also brought my dvd from the JBT and decided to play some of the 50's songs because they are lively ( we all know about the attention spans of 5 year olds). Anyway, about 4 of the kids really "stuck with the dvd" while others eventually got tired and went back to their free-play period. I let a few of the interested ones wear my T shirt and hold my keychain. When it was time to clean up, I stopped the player, ejected the disc and one of the kids tried to take the disc out for me. As he touched it he said, "Wow..........that is hot!"
I winked at my teacher's aide and said, "It SURE is!"
Anyway, I'm hoping to recruit a few, new junior claymates and claydawgs. Wait until the new CD comes out! We'll be playing rhythm instruments and jump-roping to "Back for More."

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF