CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Saturday, October 08, 2005

New Interview With Quiana

Dianne Austin recently conducted an interview with Clay's back up singer, Quiana Parler.

Quiana Parler Back Up Singer for Clay Aiken-The Girl Who Could Be Queen

The South Carolina country girl who is best known at this time as a backup singer for Clay Aiken could one day take her pick-Pop, Soul or Jazz and probably become the new queen of any of those music genres. She's that good. But is that what she really wants, and will she give up certain things in life to attain it?

When I first met Miss Quiana Parler in Interlochen, Michigan it was August 2005. She was on tour with Clay Aiken and her fellow backup vocalists, Jacob Luttrell and Angela Fisher. This was The Jukebox Tour, and they were having lots of fun with it.

With Jukebox, Quiana had the opportunity to experience several decades of music from the 50's through the present every night onstage with Aiken and the band. Each tour that she does adds another sprinkle of seasoning to the talented singer's mélange of musical skills. She has been hitting the road with him since his beginning in the business, and is now gaining a following herself because people are moved by her voice.

Why would this be? How could anyone possibly evaluate vocal talent in a backup artist? Well, it's because Aiken has always given his backup singers duet and solo opportunities in all of his shows. In this last one, Quiana had two--Midnight Train to Georgia and I Will Always Love you. With the first, she'd be warming up. With the last, she'd bring the house down each and every night. The standard reaction for that song (to which everyone who saw her perform it will attest) was goose bumps and a standing ovation.

I had the privilege of speaking with her since then about her hopes and dreams as a solo artist, the upcoming Joyful Noise 2 Tour with Aiken, and what she has derived from working with Clay over the past two and a half years.

EW: Quiana, I'd like to draw a parallel between you and Clay. Both of you are young American artists with Southern roots. The difference at this point in time is that Clay is a huge star. He was living in Los Angeles for some time, and has recently decided to move back to his hometown in North Carolina. This relates to a question I had on my mind when I first met you. I was wondering if your plan was to eventually come out to L.A., or if you think you can run your career from where you are in South Carolina?

Q: Well, I have to say for me it's been "so far, so good." I've been successful living here. I kind of feel the same way Clay does about it. I'm a country girl. I love working in L.A., but God has blessed me to be able to work out there and come back home. If I don't have to move out there, I probably won't. (laughs)

EW: I see.

Q: That's just me. I'm a homebody and I have my family here-I have a life here with people I love and people who know me.

EW: I can understand that. I mean, look at what Clay did. He was in L.A. a while and then I guess he felt like he just needed to sell the house and. . .it's funny though, because it seems like he's been doing a lot more in Los Angeles now that he's decided to move back home.

Q: Yeah. (laughing)

EW: I understand how you feel about your home. But your goal is to become a recording artist, is that correct?

Q: If God sees fit, yes.

EW: Great, because I think that's what your fans want to see happen. Now let's talk about the Joyful Noise 2 Tour, which is coming up during the Holiday season. When will you be starting rehearsals for that?

Q: Probably in October. It should be October, because the first show is November 2nd.

Read complete interview HERE.

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF