CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Jimmy Kimmel/Monday Night Football

Clay appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night! In addition to the normal sit-down interview, Clay and Jimmy did a nice 'commercial' for Monday Night Football.

This transcript was typed by myself.

You may post it only if you credit clayisouridol and http://www.cdd.blogspot.com for the transcript.

JK: And our first guest tonight is an int'l superstar and as of last week, he's also an entertainment news correspondent for The Insider. His Joyful Noise Tour kicks off Nov. 2 in Vancover. He's the single best friend I've ever had. So please say hello to CA!

CA: (Brings our two "Clay candies", gives one to JK) Provided by Claymates.

JK: Look at that. Isn't that nice?

CA: Did I sit on goat?

JK: You are absolutely delicious (referring to "Clay candies") Do you get the meat stacks and the goat?

CA: What? (gives bewildered look)

(laughter)

JK: I'm sorry. I shouldn't talk with my mouth full. But that's what you get for bring me food. Did you meet Zack and the goats?

CA: No I didn't. You know, I had a pet goat when I was a kid.

JK: You did?

CA: I did.

JK: Really?

CA: Not a prize winning goat.

JK: Either was Zack's.

CA: I should tell him that it doesn't matter if you win. You can come in 2nd and be fine. (cheering, Clay acknowledges fans)

JK: But, to be honest, I don't think Zack even came in 2nd.

CA: Phhhh.........

JK: But there's always next year! And he's just a little kid.

CA: I love the package. He's got all sentimental, I was feeling sorry for him, then he had to spit.

(laughter)

JK: You know, little kids they rebound quickly.

CA: (laughing)

JK: It doesn't take too much. Well, it's good to have you back.

CA: Good to be back.

JK: What was your goat's name, BTW?

CA: Zoe. It was like a little girl goat.

JK: Um. How long did you have the goat?

CA: Not too long

JK: Oh.

(laughter)

JK: What happened?

CA: I'm not going to say. I don't think Peter would be too thrilled. I did not do anything to the goat. The goat should not have lived in my back yard. Let's just say that. My mother is at home right now going "oh I don't [inaudiable]".

JK: But you didn't do it on purpose? This was not...

CA: (interjects) No, no, no, no. No, No!

JK: All right, what are you going to do? It's not like you killed the goat on purpose. You murdered it accidentally.

(laughter)

CA: (holding back laughters)

JK: Poor little Zoe.

CA: (laughing)

JK: Well, congratulations. TV Guide has done a poll and you are the most beloved reality-TV star in our time. You beat out...

(cheering)

CA: Reality-TV hasn't been around all that long.

JK: I don't think of you as a reality-TV star. You're more of like a singer, you know? I mean cause then they seem like...

CA: Well, thank you very much.

JK: That's reserved for the crazy people. The reality-TV people.

CA: (laughter) Yeah, somewhat. They got some whackos on there.

JK: The least popular was Omarosa from The Apprentice and Pop of the Real World.

CA: Not, not very friendly.

JK: Yes, have you met Omarosa?

CA: No.

JK: You have not?

CA: I'm a little afraid. (gives look to Kimmel)

(laughter)

JK: That would be a great celebrity couple.

CA: (laughter) Celebrity death match. I think we should do that. I think she would kill me though.

JK: You might run into Omarosa now that you're doing The Insider. You're on the red carpet. You have to be careful about what you say.

CA: That's true. It's very difficult to do that, you know, being someone on the other side of the microphone is kind of crazy. You know we just did the Dancing With The Stars thing the other day and, uh, it was kind of a contentious dance-off and those who did not win were not too happy.

JK: Is that right?

CA: And the person who stormed off the stage and the director chased her with the camera and said "go, go after her". I was afraid she would hurt me.

(laughter)

CA: So I didn't. So I stayed away.

JK: So you use your first journalistic, real journalistic assignment and land this interview, and you said "hell with it"-- and let her go.

CA: I was a little scared. But you know, at the same time, it's kind of difficult cause you want to give respect. If I am being interviewed, I don't like it to become a little invasive of your personal time, like right now I'm really getting tired of it. And, uh...

(laughter)

JK: It doesn't seem like this is the right job for you though. I mean, are you really interested in celebrities secrets and stuff like that?

CA: Not so much. People's personal business is their personal business, and I say I'll do the show stuff, and they've been very respectful. It's been very fun. I've met Reba MacIntyre today.

JK: Have you ever met her?

CA: I've never met her before and she's really gracious and a lot of fun. Um, and I had a good time with that. And so I get to meet people. I've been out here for three years and I hadn't met anybody.

JK: Like, did Joan Rivers and Star Jones try to act you out? Are they nasty to you? Do they fight you for position?

CA: No, I stayed out of the way. I did my red-carpet thing, and just grabbed the people I know. That's not many people, you know.

(laughter)

JK: Is it true [Insider host] Pat O'Brien insisted that you grow a mustache?

(laughter)

CA: (laughing) He's, you know what? It's amazing to me. I have the hardest time working with him, not for bad reasons, because he is so good at what he does. I mean, it's amazing. We did this one-on-one thing backstage with him and I was going (pretends to pick his nose)

(laughter)

CA: Because he would interview people, and he's just so good at it. And I asked him what it was like, you know, why he was so good and obviously he's had years and years of experience.

JK: Oh yeah, he loves questions like that. What did he tell you?

CA: He's had years and years of experience and it comes from years of sports casting. He said he didn't go any futher than that. I'm not sure if that's talking with people who don't do interviews.

JK: You ought to do some sports casting. What sport would you be the sports caster for if you could? You and John Madden in the booth.

CA: Oh God. Like checkers? Shuffle board?

(laugher)

JK: One of the ones that aren't televised right now. So you were on Emmy's red carpet. We got this clip of you. Actually, we played this last week. Tell me what was happening right here.

VIDEO CLIP++++++++++++++
(at Emmy's red carpet for The Insider)

Fan: I came to see Clay Aiken!!!!

CA: Very nice!

(Clay being kissed by woman beside Clay on red carpet)

CA: Woooo...

++++++++++++++++++++++++

JK: Now, what was that noise?

CA: God knows. I really. I don't know. I went up to the fans who camped out for hours and hours on the Emmy red carpet, and I thought they have a story. I want to hear what they came for.

JK: That's what I thought about Louis. But things didn't turn out like that. (laughs)

CA: And then, so this lady suprised me. You know, I'm trying to be all professional. I even dressed up for the day.

JK: We're going to play a little game here. We're going to see if you can guess, and the studio audience can play along, on Clay or not Clay. Listen to this sound and tell us is this sound Clay or not Clay. Go ahead.

CA: (laughing)

CLIP 1 +++++++++++++++++

(Yells, laughter from audience)

JK: OK, let's take a look.

VIDEO OF LADY KISSING CLAY++++++++++++

(laughter)

JK: All right, here's another one.

SIREN SOUND++++++++++++++++

(laughter)

Audience: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

CA: I wouldn't be suprised if it were me.

(laughter)

VIDEO- LITTLE TOY DOG MAKES SIREN SOUND +++++++++++

(laughter)

JK: Let's hear one more.

HORN SOUND

(laughter)

JK: Not Clay?

Audience: Noooooooooooooo.....

VIDEO OF TRICYCLE HORN++++++++++++++++

CA: (laughter)

JK: One more...

SOUND OF OWL HOOTING +++++++++++++++

(laughing)

CA: (Clay gives Kimmel bewildered, surprised look)

JK: Well, let's see if it's Clay.

CA: It's got too much base

VIDEO OF OWL HOOTING +++++++++++++++

(laughter)

JK: One more time...

SOUND OF CLAY AFTER BEING KISSED BY EMMY LADY

CA: (Nods head)

(laughter)

JK: Absolutely. There's Clay! The new Insider from North Carolina, Clay Aiken! Your tour is the Joyful Noise Tour -- That was the Joyful Noise, BTW, that's going to be featured on the tour.

CA: Yup. Two months of that [SOUND], all night long.

JK: It starts in Vancouver on November 2, it's always nice to have you. You sticking around for the program?

CA: Yes

JK: All right, very good. Again, The Insider, check local listings. The Joyful Noise Tour starts Nov. 2 in Vancouver

Here is a transcript of the 'commercial' courtesy the CB's ncsupack88:

JK: Thanks Al. Great day of games on Sunday but a frustrating time for Brett Favre who is 0-3 for the first time in his career. Here to talk about how great quarterbacks get through a slump, 3 time Super Bowl Champion, Dallas Cowboys legendary hall of fame quarterback Clay Aiken.

JK: Clay, how do you work your way out of a rough patch?

CA: Well, for me Jimmy, it's about getting back to the basics, throwing the football.

JK: Take us through the mechanics of throwing a football.

CA: It's alot like singing a song. You want to stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Point your front foot in the direction of the throw with your back at a 45-degree angle. I keep two fingers off the laces (to JK he says you might want to run for this one as he prepares to pass to JK). Bring the ball up to your ear with your arm at a 45 degree angle and then snap your wrist when you throw the ball to make a spiral. (KInda like this as he throws the ball)


JK: Wow. Let's look again at that in slo-motion. (They show the throw again slowed down) A perfect pass. Take it from Clay Aiken. The key to breaking out of any slump, get back to the basics. I'm Jimmy Kimmel. Join me and Clay later tonight with Scott Kahn(?), Weezer and some goats.
Video is up at ATCA.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF