CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Saturday, August 13, 2005

RealityBlurred.com Article on Clay and His Success

Clay Aiken and me
A week ago tonight, I dragged a friend with me to the Peace Center in Greenville, SC. My mission, as part of a book I'm working on: See Clay Aiken in concert, and try to understand how he's become the most popular and most successful reality TV contestant ever. Because, honestly, I'm a pale white boy who can't dance, too, and millions of people don't swoon over me. Also, I can't sing. But I digress.

The performance, part of Clay's 25-city Jukebox Tour, was full of energy and, honestly, a lot of fun. Go check it out. Just don't say anything negative about Clay or you'll find yourself at the bottom of a Claymate pile and wake up in the hospital. (Oh, I kid the fans!)

As I wrote in a piece for MSNBC that starts to explore what I saw, “I don't know if I'll ever fully be able to see the Clay phenomenon in exactly the same way [his fans] do. But the performance made it clear that, in this era of manufactured pop, where top-40 music is constructed for the benefit of the audience by marketers and radio station conglomerates, Clay Aiken's fans believe they have found something real.”

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF