CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Clay was on the CBS Early Show

Transcript:
(courtesy CharlotteClayFan)
Rene: Hi Clay

Clay: Hey Rene, how are you?

R: I’m good. I’m just curious what you make of all this?

C: It’s really quite difficult to really figure out what exactly anyone makes out of this at this point. It a shocker for a lot of us in the season have been hearing been hearing about a lot past week preparing ourselves for and last night kinda threw a lot of curveballs our way. And I think it’s hard to be able to grasp what we heard last night and to be able to you know come to accept it…

R: You actually lived in the AI house with Corey when you were in the top twelve tier Did you sense anything improper going between Corey Clark and Paula Abdul at the time?

C: Absolutely not I think that’s what’s really strange I think… a lot of the stuff we heard last night was circumstantial. We saw a lot of … I think A lot of it is hearsay

We couldn’t leave the house without checking out, we couldn’t come back in without checking back in I didn’t get to see my mama… It was a very secure situation and none of us would really have suspected this… For me I think hard its to believe at this point, I really … I have inside information guess. I know both parties involved. And it’s.. I’m biased in some ways. It’s kinda my nature to believe Paula who I know to be a nurturing and caring person… She was like that for everyone on the show. She was always the judge willing to give advice and willing to be supportive, and willing to be nurturing, I think that’s just in her nature.


R: questions the phone records, 111 and 153 minute phone calls… Did you get that sort of personal attention from any of the judges?

C: Well I don’t know that… Well I could highlight my phone bill,for you Rene… But I didn’t see any information that shows that prove was her phone number… I didn’t see anything at all… I can take you by her house, myself… I know where she lives. I know where all the judges live…

I guess part of it was circumstantial… The whole Sprint PCS story where the report said… employees of the Sprint PCS stories willing to say that Paula and Corey came in to buy came in to buy a phone. But we didn’t hear from that person. But really the people backing up the story we Corey’s personal friends and Corey’s family and I kinda… I don’t know the track record of .. I don’t think it’s gleaming

R: But what would you about the phone message What is Paula Abduls voice telling him not to say anything to the media. He hasn’t heard from her in 2 years and then out of the blue she calls and says I think that that something might be brewing, don’t say anything.” What do you think of that?

C: I do believe that was Paula's voice. I kinda think if I were in the situation and was reading…that you were writing a tell-all book about me, I wouldn't believe… I would kind of automatically assume that “Rene wouldn't do something like that. Let me call Rene and see what's going on.” I would assume they were making up a story or rumor about you.. yourself. So I think I would probably call up and say “Rene, what's going on?” I think that's what I heard last night, Paula calling Corey and saying, “What's going on? I imagine they're trying to stir something up."

R: If Clark's story turns out to be true, what should happen to Abdul?

C: It's kind of hard for me to speculate at that point. I believe Paula is an amazing asset to the show. I believe the show wouldn't be the same without her. So that's going to have to be my answer, because I kind of have a hard time believing it myself.

Clays facial ex-pressions also add to this interview. You could tell he wants to believe Paula, is mistrustful of Corey and suspicious of the reporting process. Remember, a person's career could be ruined, a person who Clay seems to trust and like.

It is something to be serious about. Anyone could dig up records, quotes, allege statements while showing a storefront and report and twist facts the most explosive possible. We are all innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately one's reputation can be ruined without proof, innuendo alone can ruin it.

In Clay's shoes I would trust my gut and the people I know until I saw proof to make me fell otherwise. He's a celebrity now, and in the back of his mind he must be thinking, what accusations could someone make about me, even though I've done nothing wrong?

Caps and Videos are currently down and will be made available as the links are posted.

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF