CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Clay: I'm a Skinny Dork

Clay Aiken Says He's A 'Skinny Little Dork'
(LAUNCH, 09/07/2004 3:00 PM)

By LAUNCH Radio Networks

Clay Aiken is still not completely used to his popularity--mainly because he still thinks of himself as a "skinny little dork." The 25-year-old singer, who was named one of People magazine's sexiest celebrities, told the Houston Chronicle that he has no idea what all the hype is all about. He said, "I would not get that worked up over me at all. It's all very baffling to me." The North Carolina native added, "I guess that's why it's so hard to wrap my mind around it when people are waiting outside the venue after a concert and cheering. I'm amazed that they're actually doing that because I would never do it. I especially wouldn't do it for some skinny little dork."

Aiken is already planning his sophomore album, the follow-up to 2003's Measure Of A Man. Don't expect too many mushy songs on the next set, however, because Aiken revealed, "I don't need to keep oozing heartbreak. I think I'd like to find some stuff that's a little more upbeat and up-tempo and also a little more positive."

The American Idol star told LAUNCH that, no matter what he sings, he enjoys performing songs that people can relate to: "When people hear them, and I think that's a lot like what they saw on the show, they were able to put themselves in the singer's place, and that's what made the show so cool. They won't be able to put themselves on the stage with me in front of Simon and ready to be criticized on by Randy, Paula and Simon with me like they were on the show. But they're able to put themselves hopefully in the place where each one of these songs is, you know, where the songs are coming from."

Aiken is also releasing a holiday album, along with an inspirational book called Learning To Sing: Hearing The Music In Your Life.

He's out on the road and will stop in Houston, Texas Tuesday (September 7).

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF