CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Monday, July 30, 2007

ClayKat's Wonderful Meadowbrook Recap



ClayKat always goes out of her way to link to CDD in her blogs, so we'd like to return the favor by showing you her awesome Meadowbrook recap. ClayKat drove all the way from Montreal, Canada to New Hampshire to see this show... talk about commitment! Make sure you head over to ClayKat's blog to read the entire recap... here are some highlights from the recap:

How fitting is it that this post - my first after I finally passed the 100-post mark - is the one right after my second-ever Clay concert, and the first time where I actually touched him!!

...

Where to start? I was hundreds of miles away from my home (no Canadian stops on this summer tour), out in the U.S. countryside and the day was a brilliant blue and sunny, warm and fragrant. Early in the day, I went for a long walk through the town, down by the lake, through the woods, enjoying the moment and looking forward to the evening, when I would see Clay for only my second time ever. On my way there, I met other Clay fans going to the concert, early as I was. Clay fans are one of the groups of people where I feel right at home, surrounded by decent, trustworthy people, even though I don't know them.

...

Clay did pretty much the same songs that we had heard were sung at the other concerts on this tour: many songs from A Thousand Different Ways, a TV-show music medley, a couple of The Measure of A Man classics, and another medley which was a spoof on contemporary pop music hits. I won't repeat the set list, since you can find it on all the major Clay sites - check out especially Clay's Daily Double for all the most up-to-date information - but I would like to share some of my thoughts and feelings as the 2-hour concert flew by.

...

Some of the best moments were, of course, for those of us who know Clay, his banter with the audience and his fellow singers and musicians. At one point he said that he watches too much TV, and he said it is making him fat. A few people in the crowd wooped and shrieked, and Clay said: "What, you're happy that I'm fat??". The bugs on the stage were something else, for some funny reason, and Clay was having a difficult time with them - he seemed to swallow one, and gagged in his mike and laughed with us about it. He batted and swatted them, and Angela and Quiana began taking hits at Clay's back, to get the bugs off him. Someone brought out a can of bug spray, and Clay just ran with it, spraying everyone, including himself, and the surrounding air. It was hilarious!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi clayisouridol and the other great people on CDD!

My goodness, I just about fell off my chair when I saw you featured my
Meadowbrook recap on CDD! Thank you so much, that is very sweet of you.

I'm glad you put a picture in, because unfortunately I don't have any of my own (no digital camera), so I have to rely on other people for visual clack!

I hope to be able to post more often, but unfortunately I probably won't be able to do so as much as I used to. You know you don't have to check my blog to see if there are new posts - you can subscribe to Google Alerts (keyword "ClayKat") or to ClayKat's RSS feed through Bloglines.com or GoogleReader. That saves time finding out if a Website or blog has updated - you are informed directly if/when it is updated. That's how I stay up to date on CDD posts. :-)

Thanks again! I hope YOU are going to one or more Clay concerts this
summer??

-- ClayKat


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF