CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Walk Me Down The Road" - A Tribute To Those Who Are Helping The Children


Yesterday I found a poem on The Clayboard that I thought was really beautiful and a great tribute to Clay as a UNICEF Ambassador as well as all others who are doing all they can to help the children of the world. The poem, Walk Me Down The Road, was written by OLMass, and he says concerning this poem, "After Clay's visit to the countries devasted by the tsunami, I was inspired to write this poem. Combine his recent trip to Afghanistan with Idol Gives Back and you'll see why this one grabs my heart."

OLMass also made a good point that its not the fact that Clay is helping the children, but the fact that the children are being helped. Whether its Clay or some other UNICEF Ambassador or American Idol or just us on our own, just the fact that people are reaching out and giving in whatever way they can and making a difference, that is the most important thing.

Read this poem with that in mind, and let's be thankful that so many people are trying to reach out and make a difference.

Walk Me Down the Road
By OLMass

A child cries out in the night, "I'm hungry and I'm cold!"
And when that child's cry is heard, his story must be told.
With children crying everywhere, in every single land,
It's up to you and up to me to lend a helping hand.

A child cries out in the night, "It's dark out and I'm scared.
I wish someone would help us, I wish that someone cared.
I wish someone would here my cry; mama's and papa's, too.
We want to live a better life but don't know what to do."

Walk me down the road, mama, to a better place somewhere,
Walk me down the road, papa, to a place where people care.
Walk me down the road, dear God, please take away my fright,
If you walk me down the road, dear God, I'll be safe tonight.

A child cries out in the night, "Won't someone help me, please,
I want to go to school all day to learn my ABC"s.
'Cause science, math and language are what life is all about,
So if I learn my ABC"s, I'll find my own way out."

My child, you deserve a life that's free from so much pain,
My child, the world will teach you to see rainbows through the rain,
I promise you, my child, as you cry out in the night,
I will take whatever's wrong and try to make it right.

Walk me down the road, mama, to a better place somewhere,
Walk me down the road, papa, to a place where people care.
Walk me down the road, dear God, please take away my fright,
If you walk me down the road, dear God, I'll be safe tonight.

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF