CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

American Idol 2 - Remembering Clay's Performances - Top 10


As we have done for the past two weeks, we are remembering each week of Clay's performances on American Idol 2 in conjunction with this year's American Idol. This week the Top 10 performed, and we had a few surprises. Randy was actually left speechless, Simon was nicer than normal, and Sanjaya's hair, well, it was definitely a surprise. However, go back to Season 2 and there were no surprises there...Clay was in top form as he was every week!

It was Tuesday, March 25, 2003, and Clay was the last contestant to sing. For me, this was the first show of any of the American Idol shows that I had ever seen. I tuned in to watch a local girl I found out was on the show -- Kimberly Caldwell from Katy, Texas. Well, when I heard her, I wasn't really a big fan of her style of music. But I had heard via America Online of this skinny geeky guy with a big voice and I was curious. When Clay came out and first started singing, "Someone Else's Star", my mouth dropped to the floor. I had never heard such a voice! I thought it was the best voice I had ever heard. And I was totally taken in by those dreamy eyes that seemed to be looking straight at me right through the television screen and that sweet smile. Now, this is not my favorite song that Clay sang during the competition, but still, he totally wowed me with that crystal clear pure voice.

Randy, Paula, and guest judge Olivia Newton John all gave Clay a standing ovation. I remember when I first realized that Olivia Newton John was on the show, I thought, "What is she doing on a show like this?!" I had a preconceived idea of what American Idol was, and she was too big a star to be on such a show. But that went right out the door after I heard Clay sing and I was drawn back each week to hear him sing again. Well, our last judge, Simon, was not so kind with his remarks. He said, "I hope I can sum up because I thought it was very sweet but sounded identical to last week, had nothing to do with the show, identical to last week, could've swapped songs, very good." Now that I know how awesome Clay sounded the week before, I suppose I could take this as a compliment. Clay always sounded identical in that he was always awesome when he sang!

If you would like to download Clay's Top 10 performance of "Someone Else's Star", go to American Idol 2 Solo Performances at Clack Unlimited.

Next week we'll look back at the Top 9 and another great week for Clay!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also am not an American Idol watcher. But I was flipping through the channels and so luckily caught the most adorable young man singing Sugar Pie Honey Bunch (Can't Help Myself) with the most beautiful voice. I couldn't
wait each week to hear him sing again; I was mesmerized. I tried watching Idol after that but couldn't get interested. I've bought all his CD's, his book, his Christmas video, and am thankful for all the people who put videos and pictures and info on these sites as I have not been able to get to a concert yet. I'm pretty sure I will finally get to one this summer.


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF