CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Clay's Interviews - Looking at Them as Positive Opportunities


There has been quite a bit of talk around the various boards today about Clay's Good Morning America interview and the People Magazine interview that will be out later this week. I've read both positive thoughts and negative thoughts about the content of these interviews. This was before I watched the GMA interview myself.

I would like to present to you a post that I made on The Clayboard after watching Clay's interview with Diane Sawyer. I believe that this interview presents itself as a wonderful opportunity and should be considered as such. I worried about the contents until I saw it for myself. Now I'm convinced all will be well and even made better because of it, both for Clay and for others. Below is my post, in its entirety.

I just watched the GMA interview for the first time and I was very pleasantly surprised! Surprised because I've read quite a bit of downer comments about it today. People who think its the "same ol same ol". People who think its an invasion of Clay's privacy. And on and on.

However, I am not looking at this OPPORTUNITY this way. Yes, I think this is an awesome opportunity and after seeing the interview finally, there's no doubt in my mind that Clay handled it in the most steller way possible. Diane couldn't have handled it better. Clay's answers were perfect. He spoke of things that needed to be spoken of. I think he needed to speak of them and that there is a load off his shoulders now. He got this out of his system and in a perfect way and the fact that a lot of people are talking about panic attacks, etc. now is a GOOD THING!! This is an opportunity to be used to make a difference in people's lives -- once again Clay will be making a difference in people's lives.

The only thing that upset me in the interview was when Clay cowered down at saying the word "Paxil" and not because of him but because of the people that have put those of us who have to take medication for mental conditions in the position where we feel we have to be ashamed. There's no need to be ashamed and I hope Clay will continue to find the support, even moreso after the interview, so that he won't be. And Diane's comment about getting hooked on the medications didn't thrill me too much. She wouldn't ask that to someone on insulin or an inhaler (aren't you afraid you might start taking 3 puffs of the inhaler instead of 2??). But people are beginning to understand better. Maybe Clay's interview will help even more.

The ball was in his court today. He had a chance to answer these questions just as he wanted to and he did it with style and grace, as did Diane in her asking of the questions. I think he will handle tomorrow the exact same way in talking about the tabloids. I think the things he will talk of, just from the little bit I saw and heard, need to be said. How very brave of him to talk about his panic attacks and come down on the tabloids as he apparently will. He will take the bull by the horns and "these old questions" will be made fresh with the answers he gives. Class act questions and class act answers. I always knew that Clay would make a difference by the person that he is, and continues to do so even in these interviews. No doubt!! I can't wait till tomorrow's interview!!

As you can tell, I am PUMPED. I am thrilled. This is an awesome opportunity. Let's look at it as such and support Clay with our hearts and our words and our actions.

Jan D
Technorati tags: , , , , ,

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF