CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Kathy Griffin Interview; Clay Mention

Clay is mentioned in an interview with Kathy Griffin, conducted by PlanetOut Entertainment. You can read the full article HERE.

You make a living -- and, by the way, from the looks of your house, a very good living -- making fun of celebrities. Sometimes you can be really harsh, and that's usually when it's the funniest. But are there ever times where you've felt especially bad after ripping on someone, to the point where you really regret it later?

It's really weird, because that happens all the time, and yet I can't seem to stop myself. I used to say "OK, no cancer jokes, no AIDS jokes." But let me tell you something: Nobody makes a better fucking cancer joke than someone who has it. I have friends who are going through chemotherapy, and they make the darkest, most hideous cancer jokes you've ever heard. So I wonder if anything should ever be off limits.

So yes, I say things I regret constantly, and I just can't help it. For instance, in my special "I'm Not Nicole Kidman," I talk about Clay Aiken. I talk about my own relationship with Clay. Which is: I love Clay, I think he's a very sweet guy, hardworking and a very good singer, but it's ridiculous to me that he's in the closet. So in my special, I talk about how silly it is that he does those interviews where he talks about how he can't find the right woman. Have you seen the new issue of TV Guide? He's on the cover talking about how he just wants to get married and have kids, and how he can't wait to fall in love with the right woman.

So I joked about that in my special, and then he goes on "Access Hollywood" two days ago and talks about how he's leaving L.A. because people are mean and jaded here and how everybody has an agenda, and how he's going back to North Carolina. Well, I got two separate calls from friends saying, "You have single-handedly driven Clay Aiken out of L.A." And like, my special hasn't even aired yet! He's going to like, send me anthrax in an envelope when he sees it!

So anyway, I feel really bad now, because he's a really sweet kid. But I just can't ... Well, it's just so funny to me that he talks about girls. Hey -- I don't have any proof he's gay, any more than you do, but I think we're all on the same page.


Griffin also mentioned Claymates in another article (Read it here): "She does say she worries about "Claymates" from "Claynation" coming after her, and probably with good reason, after this show."

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF