CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Clay in advice column

From Newsday.com:

DEAR AMY: I am a 15-year-old boy. I am a sophomore in high school, and no one likes me. I am so worried that there is something wrong with me. I get good grades and am in the choir. All the guys in my class make fun of me, because I am the only male in the choir. The girls in my class think I am a geek because I get good grades. Amy, I love to sing and get good grades, and I would be so sad without it. Should I quit singing and fail on purpose, just so people will stop making fun of me? Tenor in Chicago



DEAR TENOR: I have two words for you: Clay Aiken.


Clay Aiken, the pop singer and "American Idol" star, could have written your letter when he was in high school. Like you, he was the only male in the school choir, and, like you, he was bullied.

In his book, "Learning to Sing" (2004 Random House), Aiken outlines his struggle with high school bullies. "I was teased by other kids like it was their job," he says.

If your choir has a travel choir or madrigal group, try out for it. These activities are where you will find other smart and accomplished kids like you who no doubt get picked on by other kids who are jealous of their success in the classroom.

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF