CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

WRAL-FM Sheds light on Radio Problem

From the Clayboard:

-----Original Message-----
From: Ncsupack88@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 10:44 AM
To: Kelly, Jim
Subject: Music request and CONGRATS!


Hi Jim. I sent an e-mail to Bill Jordan and he said it needed
to be directed to you since you are Mix's Music Director,
so here goes.

I was wondering if Mix 101.5 was planning on adding
Clay Aiken's "I Will Carry You" to the playlist? I listen
every day at work and have yet to hear it and know it's been
released to AC radio. I was surprised that "Solitaire" did
not get much airplay. It is a great song and if you get a
chance to hear him sing it at the State Fair you will be
amazed. I have called in a few times to request "I Will
Carry You" but the DJ (Diane I think) told me that she had
no control over what is played and I had to talk to you. Well
I know you have been kinda preocuppied here lately so I
didn't want to bother you! LOL I would like to know if Mix 101.5
has plans to add IWCY to the rotation. It's a great song
with a great message.

Just some random thoughts on my part. Thanks for taking the
time to read. I listen to you everyday in the afternoons. Keep
up the good work.

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your twins.
I hope they are home very soon. I saw their pics on the website
and they look precious. They are definitely proof of God's miracles.


Take care,

(Name removed to protect the guilty AND innocent!



My name removed,

Thanks for the congrats.

I hate to deliver the bad news, but the majority of our audience is done with Clay at this point in time. The last 2 releases (Solitaire and IWCY) have not tested well with our audience. We have played every song Clay has released and I think we over saturated our listeners. I know there are HUGE Clay fans (like yourself) that listen to the radio station, but there are also people that could care less if they ever heard a Clay song again. I know that's not what you want to hear or want to believe. We are Clay fans here at MIX and we support him whenever we can. We have supported him more than any other radio station in the country. My personal feeling is, the record company blew it when they stopped supporting "The Way" and switched their focus to "Solitaire". That was the turning point with his chart success. They need to back off, let things die down a bit and then come full steam with his Christmas CD. And yes, we will be playing songs from his Christmas CD, but sadly, I don't think we will be big supporters of "I Will Carry You".
Please don't hate me, but now you know the scoop.

Jim Kelly
------------------------------------------------------------

My response to him:


Jim, how can I hate you for being honest. It's the best policy, right? I had a feeling this was the case and I feel the same way. I knew the first time I heard The Way that it was a good song and deserved RCA's full support. I can still hear Diane Ramsey say "I got chills" after ya'll played it for the first time. I don't think it was a Top 40 song but a GREAT AC song and something I expect to hear at Mix101.5. I could've e-mailed and e-mailed but I knew it was the casual or non Clay fan that you needed to hear from. I have heard Clay's "Mary Did You Know" that is supposedly on his Christmas CD and if that is any indication of what the whole CD is about then we are all in for a treat. Thanks for setting the record straight. I loved "Solitaire" too but some people just don't "get it" sometimes. I think Clay really recorded that as a tribute to his fans because they loved the AI2 performance so much. I never did hear IWCY on MIX so I'm not sure when you tested the listeners for that. I may have been napping at work during that time! LOL

Thanks for responding and setting the record straight. Best of luck to you and your wife as you venture into parenthood. These are your first kids, right? I wasn't sure.


Take care,

(Named removed to protect the innocent)

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF