CDD
RSS feed
Bookmark CDD using AddThis
Add to Homepage
You can now add CDD's headlines to your personalized homepage at any of these service providers. CDD - keeping you connected with the Clay nation!


Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Add to Technorati Favorites!
CDD
Your Source for Everything Clay Aiken!
CDD Clay Today

We've partnered with FeedBlitz to provide you a daily digest of the latest Clay news from our website. Get CDD's headlines in your inbox every morning.

Subscribe to CDD Clay Today

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Close [X]

The #1 Clay Aiken News Website

BurberryAiken's CDD | Home & News

Latest News From CDD

Thursday, February 21, 2008

What's Hot From Spamalot 2/21


What's hot today? Well, let me tell you, we have lots of really hot news for you today from Spamalot. No new pictures, but the news makes up for it!

  • First, a little news from my son, who is in New York on business right now. I reminded him that he should go see Clay in Spamalot. He loved "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"...thought it was absolutely hysterical, especially the Knights that say "Ni"!! He told me that he has driven by the Shubert Theater and there are big signs all over with Clay's picture. I love it!! Now if I can just talk him into going to see the show!

  • Here's some good information for those of you who want to try to get up close to the Stage Door, but are afraid to stay for the end of the show because you might not be close enough to get an autograph. I agree with the comments from people who say you should stay for the whole show so as not to disrupt the show by leaving early, plus you will miss some great Clay moments if you do leave early. Read on for some good thoughts on this. These are all from the Clayboard:

    • Starfishy2000 - I waited until the final curtain both nights and managed to get right up front. Clay is too fun in the end to miss. You just have to be ready to go, and not stop. And the crowd wasn't so bad. I didn't hear of anyone leaving without something signed. The other actors mainly came out after the crowd dispersed. A few sneak out while the craziness is going on, but if you wait around you ca catch a few others.

    • tiggy52winkle - I got right up front and I was in the first row and stayed till the curtain came down! You don't want to miss Clay jumping around and giving us his salute at the end of the show. Just go fast and go up the outside aisle when the show is over. Clay signs just about everything that is held out to him. Last show.....all bets are off. It will be a mob scene. I plan to stand back and just revel in his loveliness one last time at the stage door.....You can't use any exits but the ones in the back of the theater to go outside. We asked the ushers and they said NO, just the exits off the lobby where you came in. Just FYI. You can get out quickly though. Good luck to all of you being right up front at least one time!

    • Claymama - If you are in the front row and the crowd is 4 or 5 deep, there is no way you can move anywhere. And once Clay comes by, he does not come back that way again, so you need to reach out with your item to be autographed while he is still there.

    • Canuck2010 - I just want to chime in about the Stage door. I have only been to two stage door's but I stayed until after the final curtain went down as I wouldn't have wanted to miss a second of the show nor would I have wanted to disrupt the finale for anyone else. The finale is fantastic and Clay is sooooooooo cute! I was in row 1 and row 10 and didn't even rush out. I ended up about 3 people deep but was able to reach through and get my program and playbill signed plus passed one ahead for someone behind me. I'm short too but seemed to have developed a long right arm for those two occasions. : Clay signs as many as he possibly can. People in front can't move so that won't happen but it wouldn't help anyway because by the time they moved, Clay would have moved on as well.

  • Here's some news from Joy2talk2U at The Clayboard -
    There are about 100 Marines there tonight in dress uniform. They saw them all go up to the mezzanine. The theater seems to be filling up nicely....According to CV the marines are students from a military prep school in Rhode Island. There are about 75 of them.
  • Joy2talk2U also tells us that Linda Loveland from WRAL is at the show tonight:
    CV reports that Linda Loveland is there tonight. She interviewed hobbitkitty from CV for a story that will air next Wednesday....dance4me called me from the theater. She said she saw Linda Loveland and a film crew at the theater. She said they interviewed a fan and were filming the merchandise T-shirts with Clay's picture on them.
  • ClayandKimfan from The Clayboard then gives us even more news about the fan who was interviewed by Linda Loveland:
    My best friend Lindsey aka Hobbitkitty from CV called me and said she was interviewed by Linda Loveland!!! She said the interview should be shown tomorrow I think. Im so excited for her like it was me hehehe!!
  • And speaking of Hobbitkitty and Linda Loveland, here's an interesting tidbit from Eleid at The Clayboard:
    from CV: Hobbitkitty just called after finally making it to the train station after getting herded out of the theater like cattle as she put it....she told me something that Linda told her today that she forgot to tell me earlier to post... Linda Loveland said she was in the recording studio with Clay today!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't wait to see this video from WRAL and Linda Loveland!

  • Now here's an interesting development near the Shubert Theater tonight. Apparently there is a crime scene taped off which will keep Clay from coming out the Stage Door:

    • Joy2talk2U:
      again from GBB at the Clackhouse...

      Talked to Corabeth at intermission. She said Clay is great! And that her seat is absolutely perfect for the slo-mo scene.

      Apparently some time this afternoon a piece of furniture was lobbed out of a 37th floor window directly across from the stage door. Broken glass is everwhere and the area is taped off with crime scene tape. So probably no stage door tonight.
    • krisnclay:
      Just saw this over at CV

      QUOTE(smittenwithclay @ Feb 21 2008, 10:27 PM) codmag report: no stagedoor (kind of figured after the last report) and the whole street is closed off, they are being herded out like cattle and the police are saying "closer, closer"
  • And finally, a review of Spamalot from gailkent at The Clayboard:
    I went to see Clay in Spamalot on Tuesday, February 19 and this is the first time I had a chance to post since I was attending a job fair in New York so I had to organize my thoughts. It was a very cold and breezy evening Tuesday night and the line was very long waiting for the doors to open at 7:30. The place I would say was totally packed and standing room only. I of course was waiting for my first sighting of Clay and when he appeared in the tower alot of people in the audience gave a little shout out but nothing very disruptive. I have to say even though I read all the reviews posted here I was still blown away by how fabulous Clay was. He spoke in an excellent British accent and he never slipped once in keeping with that accent. He really did have alot of dialogue to learn besides all the dance moves. This show doesn't really highlight his singing ability but he sure proves Clay has great acting chops! The rest of the cast is excellent as well and received a standing ovation and I felt the audience was very responsive and laughed at all the jokes as well. I was a bit worried that perhaps Clay wouldn't come out since it was very cold and windy but I was so thrilled when he did. I did have a handshake during the bus line at Asheville but seeing Clay close up like this was thrilling as well and he did sign the book Our Friend, Mikayla published by his foundation and I think he spend about 10 minutes going all the way down the line signing things. Jerome did not seem very happy at all maybe he disapproved of Clay being out in the cold but I can tell you I was sure happy. I had a smile on my face for the longest time I definitely was on a Clay high! The girl next to me said" I have waited five years to get an autograph from Clay" and I said me too and we both had to give each other a hug because we finally have our prized possession an autograph from Clay! Did I mention he also looked adorable! I have a ticket for our spring break in March which I wasn't sure I could afford to go to NYC again but I have to since its a second row seat and I would love to see Clay do his acting gig again plus seeing him so close at the stage door is such a treat! What a memorable night!


  • Here is one final review from tonight's show from d4kkkks at the Clayboard:
    It's Marine night. There are lots of Marines tonight. They are not in the Orchestra. Orchestra is sold out. Only 2 SRO spot not occupied. The audiences are from 6 years to Grandparents. What another great show and another great outstanding performance of Clay. He is in good spirit, good mood. I thought he is better and better every time I watch him. He is very animated. Every scene you can really watch him acting in every words he said. You can see his interaction with every one of them. If he is not acting he is dancing, and singing if not dancing. You'll never see him doing nothing. I did not leave until I saw his farewell salute.
    No backstage door. I saw Jerome earlier getting out from one of the exit door. As we are rushing through the side exit door, Jerome instructed us to use the front door because the alley is close. We were surprised when we get out and the Schubert Theater alley was cordoned of yellow sign. We come across Sean and he himself was also wondering what was going on. Sean asked me if how good is Clay. I excitingly seconded what he said. We overheard from the officer that there're falling glass in the building.

    At 6pm Linda Loveland of WRAL did an interview in the Schubert lobby. They interview a pretty younger fan Lindsay from Long Island and Eve a Professor from one of Philippines prestigious University. They were interviewed and asked to comment about Clay. They said the interview would be shown on Wednesday.
We will have all the Linda Loveland interview news right here at Clay's Daily Double after it is shown next Wednesday. That will be quite a treat!

0 comments:


CDD supports:

Bubel Aiken Foundation GoodSearch for TBAF UNICEF